to Graham

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bupalo

to Graham

Post by bupalo »

Hi Graham , how fast is your hardware? example the stochfish rate at 8 cores in the middlegame
Graham Banks

Re: to Graham

Post by Graham Banks »

bupalo wrote:Hi Graham , how fast is your hardware? example the stochfish rate at 8 cores in the middlegame
Intel Xeon X5430x2 Octal

It's not fast compared to more recent hardware, but I'm not in a position to be able to update.
I don't really take much interest in speed.

One thing to be aware of is that ChessGUI seems to report this information differently to Fritz, but tests show that the depths reached under both GUIs are the same.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

how much kn/s in analysis!(in the opening,eg)
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Nay Lin Tun wrote:how much kn/s in analysis!(in the opening,eg)
I'd need to use Deep Fritz to get the figures that you're after, as I think that is what most relate to. If I feel like doing that at some stage I will, but I'm in no hurry, as it's not that important to me.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
vittyvirus
Full name: Fahad Syed

Post by vittyvirus »

Graham Banks wrote:
I'd need to use Deep Fritz to get the figures that you're after, as I think that is what most relate to. If I feel like doing that at some stage I will, but I'm in no hurry, as it's not that important to me.
You can, ofcourse use Arena or any gui to measure kn/s. You also can type 'bench' in Stockfish 5. You DO know that, don't you?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

vittyvirus wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
You can, ofcourse use Arena or any gui to measure kn/s. You also can type 'bench' in Stockfish 5. You DO know that, don't you?
I don't really care to be brutally honest.
If the whole point is just to run down my inferior hardware and try to spoil my enjoyment of running tournaments, I'm not interested.
Big boys with their big toys usually don't bother doing a hell of a lot for other people.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
vittyvirus
Full name: Fahad Syed

Post by vittyvirus »

Graham Banks wrote:
vittyvirus wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
I don't really care to be brutally honest.
If the whole point is just to run down my inferior hardware and try to spoil my enjoyment of running tournaments, I'm not interested.
Big boys with their big toys usually don't bother doing a hell of a lot for other people.
Oh, I see.