Progress of Stockfish in the LS-ratinglist

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Progress of Stockfish in the LS-ratinglist

Post by pohl4711 »

Peter Osthoff created this nice diagram. It shows the Elo-progress of the Stockfish-development-versions since Stockfish 3, which were tested for my LS-ratinglist. You find all Elo-numbers in the aborted & deleted-section of my website and the latest 3 results in the LS-ratinglist.

Stefan

mwyoung

Re: Progress of Stockfish in the LS-ratinglist

Post by mwyoung »

pohl4711 wrote:Peter Osthoff created this nice diagram. It shows the Elo-progress of the Stockfish-development-versions since Stockfish 3, which were tested for my LS-ratinglist. You find all Elo-numbers in the aborted & deleted-section of my website and the latest 3 results in the LS-ratinglist.

Stefan

Thanks for the graph. Some have tried to suggest that stockfish improvements have slowed down greatly in recent weeks or months. More wishful thinking by some, then based on real stockfish data. My data also agrees, no real slow down trend at this time in terms of elo gain.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
gladius
Full name: Gary Linscott

Re: Progress of Stockfish in the LS-ratinglist

Post by gladius »

pohl4711 wrote:Peter Osthoff created this nice diagram. It shows the Elo-progress of the Stockfish-development-versions since Stockfish 3, which were tested for my LS-ratinglist. You find all Elo-numbers in the aborted & deleted-section of my website and the latest 3 results in the LS-ratinglist.
Awesome graph :). Thanks for all the tests Stefan! It's exciting to see SF continue to improve against all the other engines. The framework is only doing self-testing, so validating that the improvements are holding up against other engines is great to see.