CCT 16: Round 7

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Peter Skinner
Full name: Peter Skinner

Re: CCT 16: Round 7

Post by Peter Skinner »

Hello everyone,

Due to obviously unforeseen server/routing issues, I have choice but to cancel Round 7 of CCT 16 and declare Komodo the Champion.

There will be no blitz event this year.

Peter
I was kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

michiguel wrote:
jdart wrote:This may be an argument for going back to chessclub.com in future. (We tried FICS and that wasn't reliable either). No disrespect to HGM. His server has been mostly ok.

--Jon
Josh server is another possibility. But if we play in one having the other as plan B, we should be fine.

Miguel
Yes - that is hosted at an ISP I think. You're right, one can be the backup for the other if it is planned.
Tom Likens

Post by Tom Likens »

Peter Skinner wrote:Hello everyone,

Due to obviously unforeseen server/routing issues, I have choice but to cancel Round 7 of CCT 16 and declare Komodo the Champion.

Peter
Thanks Peter,

It really was a fun tournament.

regards,
--tom
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

I am in but match does not start after issuing a match command.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Peter
:(
gbanksnz at gmail.com
mvk

Post by mvk »

michiguel wrote:
jdart wrote:This may be an argument for going back to chessclub.com in future. (We tried FICS and that wasn't reliable either). No disrespect to HGM. His server has been mostly ok.

--Jon
Josh server is another possibility. But if we play in one having the other as plan B, we should be fine.

Miguel
I have a system located at a data center. That could easily host an ICS. It is extremely well-connected, as the data center is also the home for the European servers for XBox-live for example.
[Account deleted]
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Peter
Thanks Peter, HGM and to all participants. Congratulations to Komodo team. Don this is for you.
jdart

Post by jdart »

That is a possibility, although the software matters too. If you could run a clone of HGM's server there that might do it.

--Jon
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

I tried everything here, to no avail. My trying probably just added to the chaos:

* I powered down my router, and let it reboot. That gave me back my WLAN, but no external internet
* I restarted the ICS
* I powered down my modem, and rebooted it. Richard Pijl (who I had on the phone) still could not get in.
* I bypassed the router, by plugging the server machine directly into the modem, and changing the port mapping to it. Richard could get in, but for him things were still very slow.
* So I decided to put the router back in the loop.

Now my internet is back, at normal speed.

If people want, we could still try the blitz, to see if problems really have gone away.
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

jdart wrote:That is a possibility, although the software matters too. If you could run a clone of HGM's server there that might do it.

--Jon
Josh server is a copy of hgm server, i think.

Seems people are connected now.

Miguel