New: SCCT Scratch Rating

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Sedat Canbaz

New: SCCT Scratch Rating

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Hello Chess Friends,

The Current SCCT Scratch Leader: Discocheck 5.2 x64 - Congrats to Lucas Braesch!

For Current Standings:
http://www.sedatcanbaz.com/chess/?page_id=634

More Information and Games Coming Soon!

Best,
Sedat
Aser Huerga

Re: New: SCCT Scratch Rating

Post by Aser Huerga »

Great Rating List!
Thanks Sedat!
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

Sedat Canbaz wrote:Hello Chess Friends,

The Current SCCT Scratch Leader: Discocheck 5.2 x64 - Congrats to Lucas Braesch!

For Current Standings:

Best,
Sedat
Woaw, that's the first time I'm on top of a rating list. More "scratch engines" you should add, to make the competition more fierce at the top:
* Protector 1.4
* Texel 1.03
* MinkoChess 1.3
All these engines are also open source, which makes them much more valuable to the chess programming community than "binary engines". As Tord Romstad said
a program without source code is less than half a program
I could not agree more!
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Aser Huerga wrote:Great Rating List!
Thanks Sedat!
Dear Aser,

Not at all... it's my pleasure
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

lucasart wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:Hello Chess Friends,

For Current Standings:

Best,
Sedat
Woaw, that's the first time I'm on top of a rating list. More "scratch engines" you should add, to make the competition more fierce at the top:
* Protector 1.4
* Texel 1.03
* MinkoChess 1.3
All these engines are also open source, which makes them much more valuable to the chess programming community than "binary engines". As Tord Romstad said
a program without source code is less than half a program
I could not agree more!

Dear Lucas,

Don't be surprised...you deserve to be on Top!

Not sure for MinkoChess, but as far as I know Protector is not a scratch engine

One thing more,
We checked mostly of the scratch engines with Don's similarity tool and Discocheck 5.2 x64's results were quite clean (below than 50 %), well done !!
Actually almost all tested scratched engines similarity are below than 50 % (exception Delfi 5.4 which has a similarity with Fruit 2.1, approx. 57 %)
Once more, I'd like to say BIG THANKS to Adam Hair's brilliant work (he helped me a lot regarding the similarity results), we need more Adams!!

Btw, the below picture is a little gift for you, I hope you like it :)
Also I publish this saying (which is belongs to me) a few months ago on my Facebook album too

Greetings,
Sedat
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

Thanks. But I think all the following ones are written from scratch, pass similariy tests, and stronger than DiscoCheck:
* Komodo TCEC
* Hannibal 1.4b
* Chiron 2
* Hiarcs 14
* Shredder 12
* Spike 1.4
* Booot 5.2
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

lucasart wrote:Thanks. But I think all the following ones are written from scratch, pass similariy tests, and stronger than DiscoCheck:
* Komodo TCEC
* Hannibal 1.4b
* Chiron 2
* Hiarcs 14
* Shredder 12
* Spike 1.4
* Booot 5.2
Ok... when I will have free CPU time probably I can test some of them

About Komodo TCECr,
This great engine is already playing in my Top 10 competition:
http://www.sedatcanbaz.com/chess/?page_id=515
So...its not needed to be Komodo as a participant in two tournaments

But however, especially for Boot, I have no any idea is it written from scratch or not... I need to check the similarity data about this engine

Best,
Sedat
Tom Likens

Post by Tom Likens »

Sedat Canbaz wrote: One thing more, We checked mostly of the scratch engines with Don's similarity tool and Discocheck 5.2 x64's results were quite clean (below than 50 %), well done !!
Actually almost all tested scratched engines similarity are below than 50 % (exception Delfi 5.4 which has a similarity with Fruit 2.1, approx. 57 %)
Once more, I'd like to say BIG THANKS to Adam Hair's brilliant work (he helped me a lot regarding the similarity results), we need more Adams
Do you have a link to the similarity test results. I'm curious to see the results.

thanks,
--tom
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Sedat Canbaz wrote:
lucasart wrote:Thanks. But I think all the following ones are written from scratch, pass similariy tests, and stronger than DiscoCheck:
* Komodo TCEC
* Hannibal 1.4b
* Chiron 2
* Hiarcs 14
* Shredder 12
* Spike 1.4
* Booot 5.2
Ok... when I will have free CPU time probably I can test some of them

About Komodo TCECr,
This great engine is already playing in my Top 10 competition:
http://www.sedatcanbaz.com/chess/?page_id=515
So...its not needed to be Komodo as a participant in two tournaments

But however, especially for Boot, I have no any idea is it written from scratch or not... I need to check the similarity data about this engine

Best,
Sedat
I wonder what the similarity data show and if movei show bigger similiarity to fruit relative to all the other pairs in your test.

Note that I started movei before fruit existed and some similiarity to fruit follow the fact that I used some ideas from fruit in latest versions of movei.

Movei certainly did not start from fruit and I expect no similiarity to tscp because the lines of tscp that I used is not relevant for playing style of the engine.
Last edited by Uri Blass on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adam Hair

Post by Adam Hair »

Tom Likens wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote: One thing more, We checked mostly of the scratch engines with Don's similarity tool and Discocheck 5.2 x64's results were quite clean (below than 50 %), well done !!
Once more, I'd like to say BIG THANKS to Adam Hair's brilliant work (he helped me a lot regarding the similarity results), we need more Adams
Do you have a link to the similarity test results. I'm curious to see the results.

thanks,
--tom
Sedat does not have the full set of results. I will post a link to the results and a description of how the test was conducted later today.