Equinox 2.02 running for the IPON

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

IWB

Equinox 2.02 running for the IPON

Post by IWB »

http://www.inwoba.de

Does anyone have a decent logo for that enigne? 100x50/jpg.

Thx
Ingo
Aser Huerga

Re: Equinox 2.02 running for the IPON

Post by Aser Huerga »

Good to see the IPON running again :wink: .
Thanks Ingo!
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

IWB wrote:http://www.inwoba.de

Does anyone have a decent logo for that enigne? 100x50/jpg.

Thx
Ingo
Not sure whether you like this one or not, but you can use it if you wish.

gbanksnz at gmail.com
ThomasJMiller

Post by ThomasJMiller »

Ingo, since you are testing Equinox I expect you to test BlackMamba as well (and perhaps also Bouquet and Deep Saros) otherwise I don't understand why you are excluding them.
IWB

Post by IWB »

ThomasJMiller wrote:Ingo, since you are testing Equinox I expect you to test BlackMamba as well (and perhaps also Bouquet and Deep Saros) otherwise I don't understand why you are excluding them.
I already started to write down arguments but I make it short:

Read my conditions, try to understand the intension of my list. If you don't agree please read the general remark.

Thx watching and bye
Ingo
IWB

Post by IWB »

Thx Graham,

I already have one, but I will change at 50% of the tourney.

Thx again
Ingo
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

IWB wrote:Thx Graham,

I already have one, but I will change at 50% of the tourney.

Thx again
Ingo
Nice to see you back in action. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
ThomasJMiller

Post by ThomasJMiller »

IWB wrote:I already started to write down arguments but I make it short:

Read my conditions, try to understand the intension of my list. If you don't agree please read the general remark.

Thx watching and bye
Ingo
Hello Ingo,
quoting your Playing Conditions:

Code: Select all

2. Engines families which are to closely related will be represented by their best member.
   To define what is to close a widely accepted method called "common sense" is used.
One year ago, Alex Newman tested several engines and defined Equinox "one of the most brazen clones out there". You can read more here: http://talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=509444
A kind tester has tested Equinox 2.01 for me. You can see the updated dendogram below. As you can see Equinox is strongly related to Ippolit engines and according to your playing conditions it should not be tested since it's not the best member. I'm perfectly fine with you testing it, IPON is your rating list after all and I like it very much...I just don't get why you are testing Equinox and not Black Mamba, whose similarity result is very similar to Equinox's one, or Bouquet or .... That's all.

IWB

Post by IWB »

OK, we go throu this.

At first, I know that Dendrogramm.

Then I have a probleme defining a family just with a tool which is used as a witch hunt. I strongly opposed to it when it was first released (go back here and check).
Nonetheless I am not blind I see that there are "relatives" as well. so I keep an eye on it. (And playing strength is another point to distinguish).

Then I have a little folder called "NonPublic" and right now, with 2970 This IS the best enigne of that closer familie :-) (At least at my conditions but not by much).

Besides that I desided to add one of its kind to my list. This one is on top of that family. Be sure, if something is there which is really better without any doubt (and the author is not known to have tryed to cheat several times - Yes I talk about you!), lets say 15-20 Elo, I will include that.

I have played the base enigne of that family already and with the next IPON I will include it. (And believe me, besides all promises it did not develop much with a zillion releases in 4 Years)

Over all I am a little more relaxed about that particular family. I have accepted its existance and try to deal with it with some "common sence".

BYe
Ingo
ThomasJMiller

Post by ThomasJMiller »

OK, thanks for the explanation.