Weekend entertainment with the IPON

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Re: Weekend entertainment with the IPON

Post by geots »

IWB wrote:I havent tested it (I only have a little insight) but this is for your consideration:

http://www.inwoba.de

Make your guess ...

Have fun
Ingo

PS: It is not one of the known recompiles with a different name!
PPS: New full IPON list later this weekend

First you need to tell me why I am supposed to care.

Best,

gts
Ajedrecista

Re: Weekend entertainment with the IPON.

Post by Ajedrecista »

Hello:
IWB wrote:I havent tested it (I only have a little insight) but this is for your consideration:

http://www.inwoba.de

Make your guess ...

Have fun
Ingo

PS: It is not one of the known recompiles with a different name!
PPS: New full IPON list later this weekend
Komodo MP is scheduled for 28th May, but I agree with Benigno on the possibility of Equinox for some reasons: the improvement rate shown at the grand unified rating list by Vincent Lejeune and in CEGT; and the fact that Graham recently (I do not remember when exactly, maybe some weeks ago) said that Equinox author (Giancarlo Delli Colli) told him that the current version 1.90 will be the last private version and then the next version will be released publicly (commercial or not, I do not know)... this is why I think it is Equinox.

IIRC, some people raised some doubts in the past about Equinox originality; PS by Ingo could be a hint about an engine that few people have tested for the moment and this is why he wrote that PS (the engine name could be relatively unknown to a large group of afficionados).

Reading a little over other computer chess fora, it looks like the most repeated guesses are Komodo MP (running in single core, of course) and the mythic Shredder! I think that Ingo was/is a Shredder beta tester, so it is weird to me that Ingo wrote that he only has a little insight on the engine if it really were Shredder. It is strange for me this kind of advertisement (a guess instead of saying which engine really is) but I admit that it has increased interest over the test and you will have more visits than usual to IPON site.

I suppose that the name of this enigmatic engine will be revealed once the test is finished. Waiting for the solution!

Regards from Spain.

Ajedrecista.
jpqy

Post by jpqy »

Guess

Guess - Houdini 3 STD (3082) 31.0 - 36.0 46.27% Perf=3057
Guess - Komodo CCT (3039) 35.0 - 32.0 52.24% Perf=3054
Guess - Critter 1.4a (2980) 39.5 - 27.5 58.96% Perf=3042
Guess - Stockfish 3 (2976) 39.5 - 27.5 58.96% Perf=3038
Guess - Deep Rybka 4.1 (2957) 40.0 - 27.0 59.70% Perf=3025

Looks like i was wrong with my guess that it would be Komodo MP
Richard also denied it's a Critter version..
So,yes i also come now more to Equinox 2.0 or Strelka 5.7MP ..but last one i don't think Ingo would test it.

For sure it makes it more interesting if you see these results..

JP.

PS. Just checked full list and see 88 Strelka 2.0 B ..so maybe?
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

jpqy wrote:Guess

Guess - Houdini 3 STD (3082) 31.0 - 36.0 46.27% Perf=3057
Guess - Komodo CCT (3039) 35.0 - 32.0 52.24% Perf=3054
Guess - Critter 1.4a (2980) 39.5 - 27.5 58.96% Perf=3042
Guess - Stockfish 3 (2976) 39.5 - 27.5 58.96% Perf=3038
Guess - Deep Rybka 4.1 (2957) 40.0 - 27.0 59.70% Perf=3025

Looks like i was wrong with my guess that it would be Komodo MP
Richard also denied it's a Critter version..
So,yes i also come now more to Equinox 2.0 or Strelka 5.7MP ..but last one i don't think Ingo would test it.

For sure it makes it more interesting if you see these results..

JP.

PS. Just checked full list and see 88 Strelka 2.0 B ..so maybe?
I think Larry said that if they had a Komodo MP that scored better on one core than Komodo CCT they would sell that eventually for a higher price, so I assume this is not Komodo 5 MP. Also Critter was only coming after Komodo MP so also it's not Critter even if Richard Vida had not already said so, although it might be as strong. I see no reason when Stockfish 3 is still being tested by the CCRL and CEGT, to already bring a new version, so that is also most unlikely. Shredder is possible but in that case why has Ingo not tested any betas before and why after one test it might be re-leased? Also not Shredder.
"You will not apply my precept," he said, shaking his head. "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? We know that he did not come through the door, the window, or the chimney. We also know that he could not have been concealed in the room, as there is no concealment possible. When, then, did he come?"
The Sign of the Four, ch. 6 (1890)
Sherlock Holmes in The Sign of the Four (Doubleday p. 111)
I would expect a new version score a bit less against the program it is closely related to, even though that theory probably is contradicted by selftesting results being higher against the previous version. Still, I am going out on a limb and say it might be Rybka! This will get George's attention I'm sure!

Eelco
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Hi,
this engine is much stronger than Equinox 1.90 when I compare my results with these:
Equinox 1.90 - Houdini 3 36,5%
Equinox 1.90 - Komodo CCT 45,5%
Equinox 1.90 - Stockfish 3 48,5%
Equinox 1.90 - Rybka 4.1 52%

We will have 600 more games with Equinox 1.90 till Sunday!

Werner
CEGT-team
Maharadja

Post by Maharadja »

Hi,

I think (=hope) the new Shredder or new Critter.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Given Ingo's close ties with Shredder, I reckon it could be the new Shredder. Very impressive gains if so.
GDC

Post by GDC »

Hi,
Werner you are right this engine is stronger than Equinox 1.90, but perhaps not by Equinox 2.0 ...

Just kidding, it's not Equinox :lol:

Giancarlo
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Modern Times wrote:Given Ingo's close ties with Shredder, I reckon it could be the new Shredder. Very impressive gains if so.
If it's not the new Shredder, my other guess is Komodo CCT using time management=3. :wink:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Daniel Shawul

Post by Daniel Shawul »

Shouldn't it something be something not on the list (self play is incest), that is recently released to public, and never got a game yet, just saying ...