Interesting Gauntlet Results With Latest Equinox X beta

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

Interesting Gauntlet Results With Latest Equinox X beta

Post by geots »

This is the very latest Equinox beta, and the first match that has ever been run with it that was published. And tho I have witnessed it playing better in private, these are some extremely good scores. As for the slip-up against RobboLito- I don't have an answer. The best I can say is "shit happens".

One note- I counted up 28- 50-game matches I have run with Fire 2.2b xTreme GH x64, and this was the first one in which he was completely shut out- not one win. In fact, there were not many wins, but those that were belonged to Equinox.

He has managed to completely dominate some strong engines here- excepting the one inexplicable loss. One thing important I need to make clear. I used to think long ago like many others might. A programmer has an extremely strong engine (one here that with this new beta update is a hop, skip and a jump from being No. 1 in the world) and I wondered why he would not share his work with everyone. Then I realized he has an EXTREMELY GOOD reason. Release it for the masses, and in 30 min. "yours truly" and at least a dozen others would be RE it. Then in a month or 2 we have a truckload of baby Equihoes and Robbonoxes. And that would be the thanks Giancarlo got for all his hard work. Personally, if I were him, there would be a snowstorm in hell before I let anyone get there hands on it. At any rate:

XPS 8500 Intel i5-4 True Cores
Fritz 11 gui
1CPU/64-bit
128MB hash
Bases=NONE
Ponder_Learning=OFF
Perfect 2012b.ctg w/12-move limit
4'+2"
Match=250 games

Code: Select all

Gauntlet- Equinox X beta  2013

Equinox X beta   - DeepSaros 3.3 popcnt x64       29.5 - 20.5    +13/-4/=33    59.00%
Equinox X beta   - RobboLito 0.21Q x64 SSE4.2     21.0 - 29.0    +3/-11/=36    42.00%
Equinox X beta   - Fire 2.2b xTreme GH x64        29.0 - 21.0    +8/-0/=42     58.00%
Equinox X beta   - Vitruvius_1.11C_HEM_x64        30.5 - 19.5    +14/-3/=33    61.00%
Equinox X beta   - Ivanhoe B46fE.02 x64           27.5 - 22.5    +10/-5/=35    55.00%

(250 Games)

Hope you enjoy,

george
GDC

Re: Interesting Gauntlet Results With Latest Equinox X beta

Post by GDC »

I have to publicly thank George for the great work done on Equinox test in recent times.
Thanks to his advice I was able to understand many things about the weaknesses of Equinox.
This latest beta is a good job, and we can improve it, I'm trying to study the games with RobboLito to figure out where it may have been the problem.

In the next version 2.00 Equinox will have much more knowledge of the endgame, my friend Stefano (co-author) is working on that for a long time.
Let's hope so.
Graham Banks

Re: Interesting Gauntlet Results With Latest Equinox X beta

Post by Graham Banks »

GDC wrote:I have to publicly thank George for the great work done on Equinox test in recent times.
Thanks to his advice I was able to understand many things about the weaknesses of Equinox.
This latest beta is a good job, and we can improve it, I'm trying to study the games with RobboLito to figure out where it may have been the problem.

In the next version 2.00 Equinox will have much more knowledge of the endgame, my friend Stefano (co-author) is working on that for a long time.
Let's hope so.
Sounds promising! :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com