A Bit of Help, Please!!!!

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

geots

A Bit of Help, Please!!!!

Post by geots »

I have been using the 244kb wb2uci.exe to adapt the winboard engines to uci for years. But those were all 32 bit winboard engines. What about 64-bit winboard engines. Is it ok to use this same adapter for 32 and 64 bit engines?

Thanks,

george
geots

Re: A Bit of Help, Please!!!!

Post by geots »

I bumped this back up so maybe someone would see it and help.

george
Codesquid

Post by Codesquid »

I haven't tested it, but there's nothing in the two protocols that depends on the number of bits. Also, at least under Windows, 32bit programs can start 64bit programs and vice versa.
nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

geots wrote:I have been using the 244kb wb2uci.exe to adapt the winboard engines to uci for years. But those were all 32 bit winboard engines. What about 64-bit winboard engines. Is it ok to use this same adapter for 32 and 64 bit engines?

Thanks,

george
Yes.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
geots

Post by geots »

Graham Banks wrote:
geots wrote:I have been using the 244kb wb2uci.exe to adapt the winboard engines to uci for years. But those were all 32 bit winboard engines. What about 64-bit winboard engines. Is it ok to use this same adapter for 32 and 64 bit engines?

Thanks,

george
Yes.

Thanks Tim. And thank you, Graham. As a man of few words- I take your "yes" to mean that you yourself use the same 244kbuci exe. for 32 and 64 bit yourself. I think I may have just quit if I found out I had to redo them all. :cry:

Thanks again,

george
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

geots wrote:....And thank you, Graham. As a man of few words- I take your "yes" to mean that you yourself use the same 244kbuci exe. for 32 and 64 bit yourself. I think I may have just quit if I found out I had to redo them all. :cry:

Thanks again,

george
Yes - I use the same 244kb uci.exe for 64-bit engines as I do for 32-bit engines.
I do change the engine name in the wb2uci.eng file to, for example, Naum 4.2 64-bit.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
geots

Post by geots »

Graham Banks wrote:
geots wrote:....And thank you, Graham. As a man of few words- I take your "yes" to mean that you yourself use the same 244kbuci exe. for 32 and 64 bit yourself. I think I may have just quit if I found out I had to redo them all. :cry:

error thread- see below

gts
Last edited by geots on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
geots

Post by geots »

Graham Banks wrote:

Thanks again,

george
Yes - I use the same 244kb uci.exe for 64-bit engines as I do for 32-bit engines.
I do change the engine name in the wb2uci.eng file to, for example, Naum 4.2 64-bit.

I thank you for being so quick to answer. I don't know if I could have slept thinking I had done so many wrong. Yes, I know to be sure the uci.exe has EXACTLY the name of the 32 or 64bit exe, of course followed on the end by Uci.exe. I just put the correct name as it is in the exe as=Program inside the eng. file. Sometimes it says 64bit, and sometimes not. I just make sure it is typed as the same.

Thank you again.

george