Interesting Nano Szachy Chess Program using HS-Book.abk

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pichy

Interesting Nano Szachy Chess Program using HS-Book.abk

Post by pichy »

I Started a 20 round games between Gaviota versus Nano Szachy I gave Gaviota HS big Opening Book and Nano Szachy its biggestOwn Opening book. At the end of the 20 round Gaviota ended winning 17 games with only three draws for Nano Szachy. I knew that the Elo difference is not that big between these two programs, if you provide both program a good and stable Opening, so I decided to let both engines play with HS-Book.abk and to my surprise Nano Szachy was playing evenly after 8 round versus Gaviota.

PS: I know that 20 games is nothing to make any sound judgement but after only 8 games Nano Szachy had scored more than at the end of 20 games using its own Opening Book.

Engine Score Ga Na S-B
1: NanoSzachy 4.5/8 ········· 1==010=1? 15.75
2: Gaviota-0.85.1-win32 3.5/8 0==101=0? ········· 15.75

8 of 22 games played
Name of the tournament: Arena tournament
Site/ Country: VETADMIN-PC, United States
Level: Blitz 5/0
Hardware: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHzDual 2394 MHz with 2,976 MB Memory
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
PGN-File: C:\Program Files\Arena\Arena.pgn
E-Mail Address:
Gaviota-0.85.1-win32
Piotr Cichy

Re: Interesting Nano Szachy Chess Program using HS-Book.abk

Post by Piotr Cichy »

Thank you for the information. This can suggest, that my book is worse than HS. Of course more games are neccesary to judge. My book is made fully automatically from large set of GM games with maximum 3 most frequent moves per position.

Can you send me PGN with the games?
pichy

Post by pichy »

Piotr Cichy wrote:Thank you for the information. This can suggest, that my book is worse than HS. Of course more games are neccesary to judge. My book is made fully automatically from large set of GM games with maximum 3 most frequent moves per position.

Where do you want them to be sent to, to what Email?
Piotr Cichy

Post by Piotr Cichy »

pichy wrote:
Piotr Cichy wrote:Thank you for the information. This can suggest, that my book is worse than HS. Of course more games are neccesary to judge. My book is made fully automatically from large set of GM games with maximum 3 most frequent moves per position.

pic@mm.pl
pichy

Re: Gaviota vs Nano-SZachy ended11-9

Post by pichy »

Piotr Cichy wrote:
pichy wrote:

pic@mm.pl
You should have it in your email by now :wink:

Engine Score Ga Na S-B
1: Gaviota-0.85.1-win32 11.0/20 ···················· =01010=0=0111=110110 99.00
2: NanoSzachy 9.0/20 =10101=1=1000=001001 ···················· 99.00

20 games played / Tournament is finished
Name of the tournament: Arena tournament
Site/ Country: VETADMIN-PC, United States
Level: Blitz 5/0
Hardware: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHzDual 2394 MHz with 2,976 MB Memory
Operating system: Windows 7 Professional Professional Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
PGN-File: C:\Program Files\Arena\Arena.pgn
E-Mail Address: