Help with a tournement

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Bill Rogers

Help with a tournement

Post by Bill Rogers »

I have quite a few chess programs written in Basic and I would like to run a tournement with them. I plan to use Arena but what I need to know is how to pause the games, save them and continue on another day. The programs are of the length of one ply to seven plys and will take more hours in a day than I can devote to them. I plan to use TCSP.181 as a standard to judge the others against as it is already a rated program. Each game will have to be entered by hand so it will take some gime to play.
I would appreciate any help and suggestions that can be given to me. I will be posting the results once the games are done.
Thanks in advance.
Bill
Carlos777

Re: Help with a tournement

Post by Carlos777 »

Bill Rogers wrote:I have quite a few chess programs written in Basic and I would like to run a tournement with them. I plan to use Arena but what I need to know is how to pause the games, save them and continue on another day. The programs are of the length of one ply to seven plys and will take more hours in a day than I can devote to them. I plan to use TCSP.181 as a standard to judge the others against as it is already a rated program. Each game will have to be entered by hand so it will take some gime to play.
I would appreciate any help and suggestions that can be given to me. I will be posting the results once the games are done.
Thanks in advance.
Bill
Hi Bill,

You only need to create a tournament with all the engines you want to be in, set the time control and the type of tournament (probably you want to run a round robin tourney) and then you can press cancel whenever you want and continue with it later, just reopen the tournament and press resume. The games are saved with the name of the tournament by default on the tournaments folder (you may change the folder and the name of the pgn it if you want on the Files tab.)

Regards,
Carlos
Bill Rogers

Post by Bill Rogers »

Thank you Carols
I knew that the answer had to be fairly easy, I just did not know how to proceed.
Bill
Carlos777

Post by Carlos777 »

Bill Rogers wrote:Thank you Carols
I knew that the answer had to be fairly easy, I just did not know how to proceed.
Bill
No problem Bill, I am glad I could help.

Best,
Carlos