Komodo? Nein.... Doch!

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Spacious_Mind

Re: Komodo? Nein.... Doch!

Post by Spacious_Mind »

lkaufman wrote:Doch 13, Doch 133, and Doch 134 should all be identical unless you are using a personality file. The earlier versions had various bugs when using that file, doch 134 fixed those bugs.
Hi Larry,

No, I am not using a personality file. The versions are all as made available at Larry Corbit's site, without any adjustments by me.

It's just interesting how Doch 13 and Doch 133 have shown good results against Komodo and Doch 134 is almost the same. Besides, 140 games between 2 versions do not prove a thing anyway.

I am really just tinkering, and more interested in seeing how ply compares to real game results.

Hope you don't mind me using your engines, they just seemed convenient since there are not too many versions.
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

No, I don't mind, you just should be aware that in effect you were using one version three times.
Spacious_Mind

Post by Spacious_Mind »

Spacious_Mind wrote: No, I am not using a personality file. The versions are all as made available at Larry Corbit's site, without any adjustments by me.
Ooooooops.... :shock: sorry Dann, might have to blame old age for this slip... :P