CCC Forum v Daydreamer 1.61 + Dedicated (Chess 960)

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Aaron Becker

Re: New chess game anyone.

Post by Aaron Becker »

Graham Banks wrote:
Aaron Becker wrote:Very entertaining game, and the first time I've scored anything against Daydreamer in a long time. :) Thanks all, especially Nick and Ray.
Thanks to you too Aaron. Daydreamer is a strong opponent.
The current development version is much stronger, so this may be the last chance I get to push it around for a while. Maybe I should take it easy on development for a while and preserve some of my chances to win. :)
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Spacious_Mind wrote:Ok it is now time to resign :( .

Anyway, I enjoyed the game a lot, and perhaps we can do this again sometime. Next time your MDC opponent will be a lot tougher :wink:
Nick
Thanks Nick for being such a good sport and agreeing to operate the Berlin Pro
you handled all aspects of the forum game very professionally and with a friendly attitude and spirit

Very Best Regards
Steve
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Steve B wrote:
Spacious_Mind wrote:Ok it is now time to resign :( .

Anyway, I enjoyed the game a lot, and perhaps we can do this again sometime. Next time your MDC opponent will be a lot tougher :wink:
Nick
Thanks Nick for being such a good sport and agreeing to operate the Berlin Pro
you handled all aspects of the forum game very professionally and with a friendly attitude and spirit

Very Best Regards
Steve
Thanks from me too, Nick. You've done a great job.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Carlos777

Post by Carlos777 »

Thanks to Nick, Ray and everyone who participated in this entertaining game.

Best regards,
Carlos
Sven
Full name: Sven Schüle

Post by Sven »

It was a nice game. Thanks to all players, arbiters, and to all spectators who cheered for us :-)

Sven
michiguel

Post by michiguel »

Sven Schüle wrote:It was a nice game. Thanks to all players, arbiters, and to all spectators who cheered for us :-)

Sven
Thanks Nick and Ray, and congratulations to us!! we kicked some serious butt in here! Look at the bishop in c3! Daydreamer is strong, and by the time we switched to MDC our attack was rolling already. We executed it pretty well.

The next is tougher? Bring it on!! :-)

Miguel
P. Villanueva

Post by P. Villanueva »

Thanks for the game.
Spacious_Mind

Post by Spacious_Mind »

michiguel wrote:
The next is tougher? Bring it on!! :-)

Miguel
I have one in mind just for you Miguel :P

Thanks for all your kind words everyone!

Best regards

Nick
Spacious_Mind

Post by Spacious_Mind »

Hi to everyone who participated. Here is a message from Ray Banks to the Forum Team!

Thanks everyone for participating in this great game. I was quite pessimistic about the forum's chances, because based on Daydreamer's evaluations I thought I had handed over quite a strong position to the MDC. But subsequent analysis with other engines revealed that Daydreamer was too optimistic, and it was instead the forum that had the upper hand. You guys played superbly for a fully deserved win. A pleasure to watch.

I think this is a great formula, a chess960 opening which has to be from a PC engine because the dedicateds do not support it, then having a dedicated unit take over. I really dislike how book theory and computer opening books now have such a huge impact on conventional computer matches. I like to see the engine do the work from move one, instead of using pre-prepared sequences of book moves. Hence my enthisiasm for chess960, and it was really great to see you guys having to think in an unconventional way right from the first move too. I really enjoyed it. Another key element of this formula is that the forum must have a fighting chance of winning, hence using Rybka or something is I believe a waste of time. You are good, but not that good !

I'm up for another match if Steve/Nick are up for it, using the existing formula or something a little different. I'll leave you to discuss the possibilities !

Ray