Has anyone seen or been in contact with Alayan?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Has anyone seen or been in contact with Alayan?

Post by AndrewGrant »

If you have talked to Alayan within the last two months, exchanged an email, seen him online, or had any interaction with him, please say so here or send me a private message. He has gone missing from both the Chess world and the STK (Super Tux Cart) world. I'm trying to track him down just to make sure he is okay. I'm very upset and I am concerned that something has happened to him. If hes out and about, and just staying under the radar that is okay, but I would very much like to know that he is doing well. Dozens of people in both communities feel the same way, I am sure.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
towforce

Re: Has anyone seen or been in contact with Alayan?

Post by towforce »

Has anyone tried to find him? It might be possible to find a close contact from what you know about him: information like his real name, where he lives, what he does, who he works for, his email address, or anything a bit special about him.

Maybe the webmaster of this site will give you his IP address, and maybe there's a way to work out where he lives from that. Doesn't this site also require members to provide an email?

If anyone has sold anything to him and has his payment card number, maybe they could ask his bank to pass on a message to him. If we're lucky, maybe an organisation he has dealt with has his phone number.

What do we know about him? Job? Location? Phone? Email? IP address? Job? Employer? Web sites he runs? Real name? Something special about him? Payment card details? Wife/girlfriend? Even a sports team he supports?
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

towforce wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:17 pm Has anyone tried to find him? It might be possible to find a close contact from what you know about him: information like his real name, where he lives, what he does, who he works for, his email address, or anything a bit special about him.

Maybe the webmaster of this site will give you his IP address, and maybe there's a way to work out where he lives from that. Doesn't this site also require members to provide an email?

If anyone has sold anything to him and has his payment card number, maybe they could ask his bank to pass on a message to him. If we're lucky, maybe an organisation he has dealt with has his phone number.

What do we know about him? Job? Location? Phone? Email? IP address? Job? Employer? Web sites he runs? Real name? Something special about him? Payment card details? Wife/girlfriend? Even a sports team he supports?
I'm in the initial stages of doing some of that. But I don't want to doxx / harrass the guy -- if Alayan is doing perfectly fine and has just decided to move on in life from Chess / STK, then it would be rude to hunt him down. Although I'm sure he would understand the motivations.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Facebook, Instagram ?
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.
towforce

Post by towforce »

Rebel wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:41 pm Facebook, Instagram ?

LinkedIn often the best bet. Now we all want to know that he's OK. Hunting him down is a bit rude - so be a bit rude! It's not as though you're going to stalk him after you've found him.
Writing is the antidote to confusion.
It's not "how smart you are", it's "how are you smart".
Your brain doesn't work the way you want, so train it!
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

AndrewGrant wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:34 pm If you have talked to Alayan within the last two months, exchanged an email, seen him online, or had any interaction with him, please say so here or send me a private message. He has gone missing from both the Chess world and the STK (Super Tux Cart) world. I'm trying to track him down just to make sure he is okay. I'm very upset and I am concerned that something has happened to him. If hes out and about, and just staying under the radar that is okay, but I would very much like to know that he is doing well. Dozens of people in both communities feel the same way, I am sure.
Andrew you seems to have a good heart, but remember wherever Alayan is, here on Earth or heaven, he is with GOD.
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

If he does not respond to an email from here or a PM, and not to his GitHub email I don't know if there is much you can do unless you have reason to suspect he is in trouble and could use some help.
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first
place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you
are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
-- Brian W. Kernighan
wickedpotus
Full name: Aron Rodgriges

Post by wickedpotus »

Chessqueen wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:11 am
AndrewGrant wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:34 pm If you have talked to Alayan within the last two months, exchanged an email, seen him online, or had any interaction with him, please say so here or send me a private message. He has gone missing from both the Chess world and the STK (Super Tux Cart) world. I'm trying to track him down just to make sure he is okay. I'm very upset and I am concerned that something has happened to him. If hes out and about, and just staying under the radar that is okay, but I would very much like to know that he is doing well. Dozens of people in both communities feel the same way, I am sure.
Andrew you seems to have a good heart, but remember wherever Alayan is, here on Earth or heaven, he is with GOD.
Which god? Ganesha ? I think there are so many gods around, It is getting hard to keep track of em all.