c-chess-cli release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lucasart
Full name: lucasart

c-chess-cli release

Post by lucasart »

c-chess-cli mimicks cutechess-cli, and uses the same syntax to a large extent (see README).

Finally supports Windows, binaries can be downloaded here (Linux and Windows only):
https://github.com/lucasart/c-chess-cli ... g/20210710

For Android, you can compile it yourself. You just need a terminal (eg. termux) with gcc or clang installed (replace 'cc' by gcc or clang accordingly):

Code: Select all

cc -I./src -std=gnu11 -mpopcnt -DNDEBUG -Os -ffast-math -flto -s -DVERSION=\"2021-07-10\" src/*.c -o ./c-chess-cli -lpthread -lm
For MacOS (and possibly iOS), the above should also work. But c-chess-cli is not production ready on MacOS. The problem is that, when c-chess-cli exits unexpectedly (eg. Ctrl+C), engine processes will not be killed by the OS (which is automated on Linux and Android using prctl(), which MacOS lacks), so have to be killed manually at this point...
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
Archimedes
Full name: Archimedes

Re: c-chess-cli release

Post by Archimedes »

Works excellent on Android so far. I encountered only one problem, when epd opening files were saved on windows (CR + LF), c-chess-cli reports illegal fens, but when saved as unix format (LF only) it works.
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Re: c-chess-cli release

Post by lucasart »

Archimedes wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:54 am Works excellent on Android so far. I encountered only one problem, when epd opening files were saved on windows (CR + LF), c-chess-cli reports illegal fens, but when saved as unix format (LF only) it works.
Thanks. Should be fixed now:
https://github.com/lucasart/c-chess-cli ... 882231b319
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.