Bricabrac download links

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Mike Sherwin
Full name: Michael J Sherwin

Bricabrac download links

Post by Mike Sherwin »

Bric seems to be running without bugs. So I uploaded bric to mediafire.com. Both the Bricabrac.cpp file and the MSVS 2019 project folder. I could not share the Bricabrac.exe file because Mediafire detected a virus. I'm sure it is a false positive. The project folder does include Bricabrac.exe in the x64\release sub folder. However, the project folder is a 157 mb download. Please, before running Bricabrac.exe check it for a virus. I only use Windows Defender so who knows. Let me know if a virus is found.

Bricabrac is still very early in its development. It so far only supports fixed depth and fixed time per move. The implemented Winboard protocol is bare minimum. Currently it only has PeSTO piece square tables for its evaluator. I made it available just in case anyone was interested in checking it out! :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/87yb35 ... /Bricabrac
https://www.mediafire.com/file/kpk66ksh ... c.cpp/file
Mike Sherwin
Full name: Michael J Sherwin

Re: Bricabrac download links

Post by Mike Sherwin »

Now that I found and squashed that annoying stink bug I can start running test matches again. Running now is a match against TSCP1.81. After 27 games with no rules infarctions or crashes the official score is Bricabrac +7 -7 =13. That is very good on its own. However, I have made no algorithmic changes for the last month give or take while I was chasing down that bug. So I have not had a chance to add 3-fold repetition detection yet. The adjusted score, verified by Stockfish is Bricabrac +13 -7 =7 for an elo performance so far of +79 over TSCP. :D TSCP's blitz 1724 + 79 = 1803! :D
Since there is a set time of 6 seconds per move and TSCP breaks the rules by often taking quite a bit more than 6 seconds per move maybe Bric's elo performance is actually better than +79.