Can somebody with 6 men EGTB show how to win with White?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Can somebody with 6 men EGTB show how to win with White?

Post by Chessqueen »

Ethereal playing White Versus Igel playing with Black show an evaluation of 0.01 and Igel is showing an evaluation of 0.00. I am NOT using any chess Opening Nor EGTB for this test, Just pure engine evaluation where the two Engines have to show how good is there Opening knowledge and their endgame Knowledge :roll:

[d]2k5/8/R7/P7/K7/8/8/r7 w - - 0 1
Last edited by Chessqueen on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Re: Can somebody with 7 men EGTB show how to win with White?

Post by Ras »

First, fix your math - start with counting the pieces. Second, there is no win for White. 2k5/8/R7/P7/K7/8/8/r7 w - - 0 1 is a draw.
Rasmus Althoff
https://www.ct800.net
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Ras wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:20 pm First, fix your math - start with counting the pieces. Second, there is no win for White. 2k5/8/R7/P7/K7/8/8/r7 w - - 0 1 is a draw.
I knew that it is a 5 men EGTB, so by using a 6 men EGTB it also works. Plus at the end White WON the game :roll:
Last edited by Chessqueen on Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ras

Post by Ras »

Chessqueen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:23 pmI knew that it is a 5 men EGTB, so by using a 6 men EGTB it also works :roll:
And why would you ask for someone with a 7 men EGTB (which was the original title of your thread) to look at a 5 men position? You do know that for positions with 5 pieces, the EGBT files of a 7 men EGTB are the same as those of a 5 men EGTB, don't you? And you also know that it's the same for a 6 men EGTB?
Rasmus Althoff
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Ras wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:26 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:23 pmI knew that it is a 5 men EGTB, so by using a 6 men EGTB it also works :roll:
And why would you ask for someone with a 7 men EGTB (which was the original title of your thread) to look at a 5 men position? You do know that for positions with 5 pieces, the EGBT files of a 7 men EGTB are the same as those of a 5 men EGTB, don't you? And you also know that it's the same for a 6 men EGTB?
I knew that it was a 5 men position, so by using a 6 men EGTB it also works. Plus at the end White WON the game :roll: :mrgreen: :roll:
Ras

Post by Ras »

Chessqueen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:33 pmI knew that it was a 5 men position, so by using a 6 men EGTB it also works.
But there is no reason to believe that a 7 men EGTB will give any different result than a 6 men or a 5 men EGTB for a position that only has 5 pieces!
Plus at the end White WON the game
Any position with sufficient remaining material can be won if the opponent blunders. So what's the point? Why don't you just look up that position in a GUI of your choice with at least 5 men EGTB configured?
Rasmus Althoff
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Ras wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:37 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:33 pmI knew that it was a 5 men position, so by using a 6 men EGTB it also works.
But there is no reason to believe that a 7 men EGTB will give any different result than a 6 men or a 5 men EGTB for a position that only has 5 pieces!
Plus at the end White WON the game
Any position with sufficient remaining material can be won if the opponent blunders. So what's the point? Why don't you just look up that position in a GUI of your choice with at least 5 men EGTB configured?
Just because I asked for a 6 men EGTB knowing that it only required a 5 men EGTB, does NOT mean that I thought that a 6 men EGTB will give any different result than a 5 men EGTB for a position that only has 5 pieces. It is that same as if you go to a chess club and two 1600 rated players reach the same position and both believe that with only 15 seconds left that position will end up in a draw and the player with White pieces will not have enough time to finish his opponent, so in their minds they are evaluating the position as draw by the time that their clock reach 15 seconds, but a GM observing the game and also a Master rated players, believe that they have sufficient time to blitz win that particular position, and if I ask one of the GM that is observing can you win this position with White ? Just because I ask the GM for his opinion does NOT mean that the Master rated player that is also observing the same game CAN not win within 15 seconds left on the clock. :roll: :mrgreen: :roll:
Ras

Post by Ras »

Chessqueen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:29 pmJust because I asked for a 6 men EGTB knowing that it only required a 5 men EGTB, does NOT mean that I thought that a 6 men EGTB will give any different result than a 5 men EGTB for a position that only has 5 pieces.
So why did you ask then? The rest of your explanation doesn't make any sense because EGTB information is already perfect. There is no influence of skill or thinking time. In particular, 6/7 men EGTBs have nothing to offer on 5 men positions that would not already be answered by 5 men EGTBs which are small enough for every computer.

It seems you really don't understand how EGTBs work.
Rasmus Althoff
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Re: Can somebody with 6 men EGTB show how to win with White?

Post by mar »

Chessqueen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:15 pm Ethereal playing White Versus Igel playing with Black show an evaluation of 0.01 and Igel is showing an evaluation of 0.00. I am NOT using any chess Opening Nor EGTB for this test, Just pure engine evaluation where the two Engines have to show how good is there Opening knowledge and their endgame Knowledge :roll:

don't you want to die at least?
or at least go kill yourself, troll. you won't be missed
Martin Sedlak
Chessqueen

Re: Can somebody with 6 men EGTB show how to win with White?

Post by Chessqueen »

mar wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:53 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:15 pm Ethereal playing White Versus Igel playing with Black show an evaluation of 0.01 and Igel is showing an evaluation of 0.00. I am NOT using any chess Opening Nor EGTB for this test, Just pure engine evaluation where the two Engines have to show how good is there Opening knowledge and their endgame Knowledge :roll:

Just because I asked for a 6 men EGTB knowing that it only required a 5 men EGTB, does NOT mean that I thought that a 6 men EGTB will give any different result than a 5 men EGTB for a position that only has 5 pieces. It is that same as if you go to a chess club and two 1600 rated players reach the same position and both believe that with only 15 seconds left that position will end up in a draw and the player with White pieces will not have enough time to finish his opponent, so in their minds they are evaluating the position as draw by the time that their clock reach 15 seconds, but a GM observing the game and also a Master rated players, believe that they have sufficient time to blitz win that particular position, and if I ask one of the GM that is observing can you win this position with White ? Just because I ask the GM for his opinion does NOT mean that the Master rated player that is also observing the same game can NOT win within 15 seconds left on the clock. :roll: :mrgreen: :roll:

No No please do NOT kill yourself, I want you alive so I can prove you wrong every time you contradict me on this Forum :roll: :mrgreen: