Can somebody with 6 men EGTB show how to win with White?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Re: Can somebody with 6 men EGTB show how to win with White?

Post by Guenther »

mar wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:53 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:15 pm Ethereal playing White Versus Igel playing with Black show an evaluation of 0.01 and Igel is showing an evaluation of 0.00. I am NOT using any chess Opening Nor EGTB for this test, Just pure engine evaluation where the two Engines have to show how good is there Opening knowledge and their endgame Knowledge :roll:

bla...fen bla...
don't you want to die at least?
or at least go kill yourself, troll. you won't be missed
It's supertroll time again - now with official troll barometer... check my signature.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

... stop annoying people with your mindless driveling ...

https://syzygy-tables.info/?fen=2k5/8/R ... _w_-_-_0_1
Last edited by MikeB on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Guenther wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:45 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:15 pm Ethereal playing White Versus Igel playing with Black show an evaluation of 0.01 and Igel is showing an evaluation of 0.00. I am NOT using any chess Opening Nor EGTB for this test, Just pure engine evaluation where the two Engines have to show how good is there Opening knowledge and their endgame Knowledge :roll:

bla...fen bla...
It's supertroll time again - now with official troll barometer... check my signature.
+1
Milos

Re: Can somebody with 7 men EGTB show how to win with White?

Post by Milos »

Ras wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:34 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:29 pmJust because I asked for a 6 men EGTB knowing that it only required a 5 men EGTB, does NOT mean that I thought that a 6 men EGTB will give any different result than a 5 men EGTB for a position that only has 5 pieces.
So why did you ask then? The rest of your explanation doesn't make any sense because EGTB information is already perfect. There is no influence of skill or thinking time. In particular, 6/7 men EGTBs have nothing to offer on 5 men positions that would not already be answered by 5 men EGTBs which are small enough for every computer.

It seems you really don't understand how EGTBs work.
Why do you keep feeding the troll?
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

[d]2k5/8/R7/P7/K7/8/8/r7 w - - 0 1
From ashes to ashes dust to dust, everybody from beggar to prince, will eventually banish
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll: