Stash has lost 2 game because of NO EGTB

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Stash has lost 2 game because of NO EGTB

Post by Chessqueen »

Stash is a great engine , but because it does NOT use Endgame Table it has lost 2 great games so far, what a pity ==> https://tcec-chess.com/live.html
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
CMCanavessi

Re: Stash has lost 2 game because of NO EGTB

Post by CMCanavessi »

What do you mean by "lost"? As I see, stash has 1 lose and 3 draws.
Follow my tournament and some Leela gauntlets live at http://twitch.tv/ccls
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

Don't take Pichy too seriously he is already throlling as Günther use to say... :D
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

CMCanavessi wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:37 pm What do you mean by "lost"? As I see, stash has 1 lose and 3 draws.
Sorry I messed up, meant to say had two draws that one of them could have have been a win. :roll:
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
mhouppin
Full name: Morgan Houppin

Post by mhouppin »

Chessqueen wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:27 am
CMCanavessi wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:37 pm What do you mean by "lost"? As I see, stash has 1 lose and 3 draws.
Sorry I messed up, meant to say had two draws that one of them could have have been a win. :roll:
Well, first of all, I don't know where you see a missed win, the two games against FabChess were draws all along, and having EGTB wouldn't have changed anything. Stash barely survived the first game against Marvin, and lost the second one from middlegame misplays. Same thing here, EGTB support wouldn't help.

Furthermore, Syzygy probing is a hell of a mess, and I don't want to plug two thousand lines of foreign code that I don't understand, nor do I have the motivation to fully understand how Syzygy files are stored, and then write the additional two thousand lines of code to read them for a mere 5 Elo gain at TCEC.

I have plans to write more material specifications in the engine though, and I'll try my best to avoid future users to download 150 GB of 6-man databases to make Stash play a little better in endgames.

Good morning to everyone ! ^^
Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

mhouppin wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:30 am
Chessqueen wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:27 am
Well, first of all, I don't know where you see a missed win, the two games against FabChess were draws all along, and having EGTB wouldn't have changed anything. Stash barely survived the first game against Marvin, and lost the second one from middlegame misplays. Same thing here, EGTB support wouldn't help.

Furthermore, Syzygy probing is a hell of a mess, and I don't want to plug two thousand lines of foreign code that I don't understand, nor do I have the motivation to fully understand how Syzygy files are stored, and then write the additional two thousand lines of code to read them for a mere 5 Elo gain at TCEC.

I have plans to write more material specifications in the engine though, and I'll try my best to avoid future users to download 150 GB of 6-man databases to make Stash play a little better in endgames.

Good morning to everyone ! ^^
+10
Now the Troll can return to the TCEC chat , wich is full of I----S 😁
Isa download :
RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Post by RubiChess »

Daniel Anulliero wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:25 am +10
Chessqueen troll is active in TCEC chat?? Which account?
Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

RubiChess wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:29 am
Don't know lol
Was just a joke 😁
Isa download :
RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Post by RubiChess »

Daniel Anulliero wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:38 am
RubiChess wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:29 am
Don't know lol
Was just a joke 😁
Well, CQ has linked the TCEC URL here for ~1000 times and he obviously likes to talk so it wouldn't be a big surprise to see him in TCEC chat but I must admit that I never noticed somebody there comparable crazy. Quality of TCEC chat is far better than you may remember it.
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

RubiChess wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:50 am Quality of TCEC chat is far better than you may remember it.
could be, the last time I participated was 5+ years ago, the amount of idiots/trolls in the chat annoyed the hell out of me.
to the point that I decided to never participate in TCEC again. "I'm not here to amuse idiots" was my conclusion.
Martin Sedlak