Chess is not always good for you.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mwyoung

Chess is not always good for you.

Post by mwyoung »

Chess is not always good for you. It can lead to , extreme arrogance, vindictiveness and encourages the development of mental illnesses. I will present one solid example.

[Moderation] Charter-violating link removed.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Re: Chess is not always good for you.

Post by Guenther »

mwyoung wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:30 pm Chess is not always good for you. It can lead to , extreme arrogance, vindictiveness and encourages the development of mental illnesses. I will present one solid example.

[Moderation] Charter-violating link removed.
Another trolling attempt from the black side? May be that Fritz5 thread was set up by a very different 'sockpuppet' than you think...

Your post(s) and your account should be moderated since long.

Another food for brain:
Ed's new forum was practically dead until this mysterious Fritz5 thread appeared, guess who wins more 'attraction' with it? ;-)

Also *pozzo-balbi* is member of the ProDeo forum since yesterday:
ProDeo
Computer Chess
pozzo-balbi

Database software
PostSubject: Re: Database software Yesterday at 10:47 pm
mwyoung wrote:
I have never been happy with any of the free database programs. I like chessbase, so I just pay them the money, and move on.
You can save on ChessBase prices by buying on steam. Note, steam prices differ by country. See https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=chessbase
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

And off he goes for another month...

Some guys never learn. :lol:

I guess it doesn't go so well for the filth-forum: just 4 or 5 guys having nothing useful to say and spending their time 'liking' each other's not-so-hot postings that arrive at a rate of 1 or 2 per day. So they wanted to attract some attention.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

People like to write:
"Some guys never learn"

Are for myself in most of cases arrogant and have after all I learn in most of cases a problem with itself.

Personal opinion after so many experience with own fora systems, like Arena Forum, Gambit-Soft Forum
I am working many years as admin.

Honestly, I don't like the way you go in so many messages here!
hgm

Post by hgm »

Sorry, I know you are not a native English speaker, but what you write here is so incoherent that it is impossible to understand. So please explain.

We are dealing here with a person who has been warned that personal attacks are a violation in the charter, has been banned because he still persisted posting those despite the warning, and on his first reappearance after the ban expires is to post not on a computer-chess issue, but for no other reason than to call others vindictive and mentally ill.

So how do you think such a person should be handled? Is it likely limited-time banning will make him see the error of his ways? Or should he be judged to be an incurable repeat offender who will abuse any future return in the 'TalkChess society' by immediately violating the rules again, so that it is best to ban him for life right away?
swissman
Full name: Kurt Utzinger

Post by swissman »

hgm wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:26 am [...]
Or should he be judged to be an incurable repeat offender who will abuse any future return in the 'TalkChess society' by immediately violating the rules again, so that it is best to ban him for life right away?
This should be the only justified measure for such a person.
Regards
swissman
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

hgm wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:26 am Sorry, I know you are not a native English speaker, but what you write here is so incoherent that it is impossible to understand. So please explain.

We are dealing here with a person who has been warned that personal attacks are a violation in the charter, has been banned because he still persisted posting those despite the warning, and on his first reappearance after the ban expires is to post not on a computer-chess issue, but for no other reason than to call others vindictive and mentally ill.

So how do you think such a person should be handled? Is it likely limited-time banning will make him see the error of his ways? Or should he be judged to be an incurable repeat offender who will abuse any future return in the 'TalkChess society' by immediately violating the rules again, so that it is best to ban him for life right away?
I will always speak out against HGM's abusive attacking moderation. And show examples of his own words and actions. If this gives me a life time ban by HGM. I would expect no less from HGM.
maksimKorzh
Full name: Maksim Korzh

Post by maksimKorzh »

mwyoung wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:02 pm
hgm wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:26 am Sorry, I know you are not a native English speaker, but what you write here is so incoherent that it is impossible to understand. So please explain.

I will always speak out against HGM's abusive attacking moderation. And show examples of his own words and actions. If this gives me a life time ban by HGM. I would expect no less from HGM.
Why don't you just focus on writing a chess engine?
It's really beneficial and helps to understand your own self better.
I mean really, no jokes or trolling, really - why not just to code something useful and share with others?
Isn't this the goal of this forum?
hgm

Post by hgm »

I don't think he can program at all. Funny that he was still able to post here, though; I am sure I banned him yesterday. But he was not in the list of banned people today, and there was also no mention of that action in the admin log. Let's see if it works this time.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

+1