Sting SF 27

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lech

Sting SF 27

Post by lech »

Maybe, I can't be friendly, but let me be useful.
abgursu
Full name: A. B. Gursu

Re: Sting SF 27

Post by abgursu »

"A new day with a new Sting is a good day."
Hi lech,
This problem is too old but when I set Sting's thread as 3 it starts analyzing with 4. Can you check this problem?
Also, I really wonder how strong will be Sting if you add your path into last Stockfish's sources.
lech

Re: Sting SF 27

Post by lech »

abgursu wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:24 pm "A new day with a new Sting is a good day."
Hi lech,
This problem is too old but when I set Sting's thread as 3 it starts analyzing with 4. Can you check this problem?
Also, I really wonder how strong will be Sting if you add your path into last Stockfish's sources.
I think that engines to control time and input devices use one thread more. Sting, and rather Stockfish 2.1.1 is probably the last "honest" version and does it by a "strange code" (if starts with only one thread, the only one thread is using in fact).
I will take a look at this question later.

I think that both my main ideas "Black hole" (to stop a wrong overrate decision quickly) and "intuitive
choice" (to help to get "something of nothing" quickly) can be implemmented in an objective and safe way
without any ELO loss.

They and NN modifications of static values can make classic AB search a complete frame of AI on the whole. :)
Maybe, I can't be friendly, but let me be useful.