tomitankChess 5.0 with NN

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: tomitankChess 5.0 with NN

Post by Graham Banks »

Dann Corbit wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:39 pm Is it also true of Javascript engines?
Not the same thing.
ChessGUI - no problem.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

Dann Corbit wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:39 pm Is it also true of Javascript engines?
Not the same thing.
In my experience they behave the same way whatever GUI you use. For javascript engines you replace java with node and give the engine file as a parameter. Only, with java you have to use -jar "engine.jar" while with node only "engine.js" has to be given.

However, using Arena I have noticed that you will have to give the full path to either java or node even if your path environment variable includes its path. And then you have to give the full path to the engine file as well. A better way is to use a batch file, then there is no need to use absolute paths. E.g. this batch file works for me:
node tomitankChess_5.0.js
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

Gabor Szots wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:53 am
Not the same thing.
In my experience they behave the same way whatever GUI you use. For javascript engines you replace java with node and give the engine file as a parameter. Only, with java you have to use -jar "engine.jar" while with node only "engine.js" has to be given.

However, using Arena I have noticed that you will have to give the full path to either java or node even if your path environment variable includes its path. And then you have to give the full path to the engine file as well. A better way is to use a batch file, then there is no need to use absolute paths. E.g. this batch file works for me:
Its Ok guys......I just spent years trying to do work arounds for Cuckoo Chess and Fischerle and Pirarucu and Carballo Java.(at least we had a Bat file)..now they want us to do the same hair pulling for Wukong Js and Tomitank and Lozza...etc? Why?Whats so hard about producing a exe file? And why do we want a Chess engine running in my web browser instead of in the Fritz GUI or Chess Ok or Banksia GUI's? Whats so hard about producing this exe file for these guys? Humor me one more time..Thx My Friends...AR :) :wink:
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

supersharp77 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:28 am Its Ok guys......I just spent years trying to do work arounds for Cuckoo Chess and Fischerle and Pirarucu and Carballo Java.(at least we had a Bat file)..now they want us to do the same hair pulling for Wukong Js and Tomitank and Lozza...etc? Why?Whats so hard about producing a exe file? And why do we want a Chess engine running in my web browser instead of in the Fritz GUI or Chess Ok or Banksia GUI's? Whats so hard about producing this exe file for these guys? Humor me one more time..Thx My Friends...AR :) :wink:
You could have installed node and created the batch file in the time you wrote this.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
tomitank

Post by tomitank »

supersharp77 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:28 am
Gabor Szots wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:53 am
Not the same thing.

Its Ok guys......I just spent years trying to do work arounds for Cuckoo Chess and Fischerle and Pirarucu and Carballo Java.(at least we had a Bat file)..now they want us to do the same hair pulling for Wukong Js and Tomitank and Lozza...etc? Why?Whats so hard about producing a exe file? And why do we want a Chess engine running in my web browser instead of in the Fritz GUI or Chess Ok or Banksia GUI's? Whats so hard about producing this exe file for these guys? Humor me one more time..Thx My Friends...AR :) :wink:
Hi!
This engine primarily made for the mobile phone app and my website. That's why I use JavaScript.
here you can play:
http://mobil.tanky.hu/
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

supersharp77 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:28 am
1.-......I just spent years trying to do work arounds for Cuckoo Chess and Fischerle and Pirarucu and Carballo Java.(at least we had a Bat file)..now they want us to do the same hair pulling for Wukong Js and Tomitank and Lozza...etc? Why?Whats so hard about producing a exe file?

2.-And why do we want a Chess engine running in my web browser instead of in the Fritz GUI or Chess Ok or Banksia GUI's? Whats so hard about producing this exe file for these guys? Humor me one more time..Thx My Friends...AR :) :wink:
1.-WOW ! :shock: Only some minutes for me !

2.-Every JavaScript engine is a delice for computer chess. Every .js executable it's so easy to edit..........Every JS engine works very well in any major chess GUI.......it's so hard to download NODE (https://nodejs.org/en/download/)? Under Arena GUI: put tomitankchess.js in the same folder with Node, install -and rename, of course, node.exe like a chess engine, write "tomitankchess.js" like command line parameter). HARD ? :wink:

tomitank

Post by tomitank »

Sylwy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:37 pm Image
Wow! Looking good.
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

Do not marvel at people who will not do setup.
Stockfish embeds the same 20 MB binary in every executable built (they make a lot of them and so do I), so that people will not have to browse to it.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

tomitank wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:59 pm
Wow! Looking good.
Yeees ! :wink: Test matches are a real spectacle. Junior is a recognized tactical genius. The new tomitank has a great game! Congratulations!
tomitank

Post by tomitank »

Sylwy wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:32 pm
tomitank wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:59 pm
Wow! Looking good.
Yeees ! :wink: Test matches are a real spectacle. Junior is a recognized tactical genius. The new tomitank has a great game! Congratulations!
Thank You!
What’s even more shocking is that in this picture Junior has ~ 3 Mega Node / sec and tomitankChess only 3 Kilo Node / sec.
Junior is about 10x faster, (but not stronger ?)
I just want to say that chessprogramming has improved a lot in recent years. My current engine in pure JavaScript with a single processor core beats even the (recent human) world champion. I think Stockfish.js (5) could be somewhere at this level, but i'ts not pure, but asm script. Not readable for human.