Happy New Years!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jshriver

Happy New Years!

Post by jshriver »

Here is to the end of a very challenging year. May you all be happy, healthy and safe in 2021!

Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Re: Happy New Years!

Post by Gabor Szots »

Thanks Joshua and the same to everyone here.
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

jshriver wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:56 am Here is to the end of a very challenging year. May you all be happy, healthy and safe in 2021!

Thank you very much, Joshua!
And I think it's a really good idea, to wish some or many good years (plural) at once, why always stick to a single one only, because just one is brand new. There were many old ones already anyhow, so what?
:)
Wish as many happy new years to Everyone as anyone can wish for one's own regards
Peter.
elpapa
Full name: Patrik Karlsson

Post by elpapa »

peter wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:47 am
jshriver wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:56 am Here is to the end of a very challenging year. May you all be happy, healthy and safe in 2021!

And I think it's a really good idea, to wish some or many good years (plural) at once, why always stick to a single one only, because just one is brand new. There were many old ones already anyhow, so what?
Wish as many happy new years to Everyone as anyone can wish for one's own regards
I'm not sure if you're mocking him for missing an apostrophe or if you misunderstand. New Year's is short for New Year's Day.
peter
Full name: Peter Martan

Post by peter »

elpapa wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:24 pm
peter wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:47 am

I'm not sure if you're mocking him for missing an apostrophe or if you misunderstand. New Year's is short for New Year's Day.
I just wanted to be a little funny, which I hadn't expected or meant to upset you nor anybody else.
To be sure not to be taken for serious, I even made a smiley, did you see?

Now I can only hope that there won't be many more here as humorless as you are. Just in case I harmed anybody else too, may they all take my deepest apologies, so do you please and yet have a happy new year regards
Peter.