Komodo Dragon is Kicking Ass in TCEC

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

M ANSARI

Re: Komodo Dragon is Kicking Ass in TCEC

Post by M ANSARI »

Chessqueen wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:22 am
Madeleine Birchfield wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:34 am
Chessqueen wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:03 am We will see what happen in the next two games Stockfish NNUE Vs Komodo Dragon ===> https://tcec-chess.com/live.html
Also Ethereal is doing Great against Stockfisk NNUE https://tcec-chess.com/live.html#div=p&game=3&season=20
The openings in Division Premier are too biased towards white; it is very likely that Komodo has won the games because black made a mistake or a blunder in the opening book line. Komodo as black has lost all of its games so far.
What I do NOT understand is Why TCEC or any other testing site is using Openings created by Humans who are obviously weaker than any of the top 8 engines. Why don't they let Opening that are created by Engines from No Opening Books matches. Or even better any GM can feed the first 4 moves to top engines and let those top engines play whatever variation they calculate as the best, since obviously the Black side of those Openings from TCEC seems to be played by very weak GMs. Is there any TOP engine that can be programmed to create good Openings from any first 2 moves provided by GM.

NOTE: I read somewhere that the difference in using Openings to NOT using it with top engines is only 15 Elo. So the solution is very simple let the top 4 Engines play without Openings and all other engines using whatever chess Openings the programmer chose for its engine. :roll:

We Know that Stockfish NNUE will be one of the 2 engines to make it to the Super final, the question is which of these Engines will be joining Stockfish, LCZero, Komodo Dragon, or Stoofvlees :?: https://tcec-chess.com/live.html

The idea is to get to test the engines in positions where they might not be comfortable in and thus expose weaknesses. The last thing anyone wants to do is make this a test about book strength as was done many years ago, where chess engines like Junior would do much better than their real strengths in tournaments due to highly tuned books. Remember the engines get to play the white side AND reverse colors in the next game. Can't be more fair than that. By the way there are many book tournaments every day almost if you go to Playchess engine room. Tons of books are created and modified daily there.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

dkappe wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:19 am
Robert Flesher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 am
Good thing I am not in charge, as your ass would be banned purely on stupidity!
Are you always this chippy?
Actually, no! However, the statement fits the one it addressed, even if a bit to harsh.
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

Robert Flesher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:35 am
dkappe wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:19 am
Robert Flesher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 am
Are you always this chippy?
Actually, no! However, the statement fits the one it addressed, even if a bit to harsh.
Hey Robert. I have a mailing list for people who like to trash talk Dkappe. Reach out if you want to be added; Lots of good flame.
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Good thing I don't have your mind.With this approach, they would send me to a madhouse.
Robert Flesher

Post by Robert Flesher »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:42 pm
Good thing I don't have your mind.With this approach, they would send me to a madhouse.

Listen lad, honestly, I meant no harm. Yet your statement struck me as ignorant, and false, thus triggering my harsh response. ( Which I regret, and blame the scotch :shock: ) But, saying Dragon is weak, is like saying " Russian Roulette", is my favourite game! All, should try it!?" Capiche ?
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Robert Flesher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 pm Listen lad, honestly, I meant no harm. Yet your statement struck me as ignorant, and false, thus triggering my harsh response. ( Which I regret, and blame the scotch :shock: ) But, saying Dragon is weak, is like saying " Russian Roulette", is my favourite game! All, should try it!?" Capiche ?
I know what I am writing and please do not lecture me on this matter.
MikeGL

Post by MikeGL »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:15 pm
Robert Flesher wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:07 pm Listen lad, honestly, I meant no harm. Yet your statement struck me as ignorant, and false, thus triggering my harsh response. ( Which I regret, and blame the scotch :shock: ) But, saying Dragon is weak, is like saying " Russian Roulette", is my favourite game! All, should try it!?" Capiche ?
I know what I am writing and please do not lecture me on this matter.
I have a feeling KomodoDragon is not the usual Komodo.
Okay it is a bit like the old Komodo but in steroid because of NNUE.

So it is totally a different beast now.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.