Questions for komodo team

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Marcus9
Full name: Marco Giorgio

Questions for komodo team

Post by Marcus9 »

I am using the lower levels of komodo 12.1.1 to do some random play vs non random play tests.
Unfortunately, even with "variety" set to 20 for levels 0,1,2,3 it doesn't seem to work, It will mean that I will use a small book to determine the difference and / or from each other.
However, the result of these levels against random play is better for the higher ones.
Question: Is Komodo level 0 random play But it always finds mate in 1? (Not really random because is static, but chose moves without criteria)
lkaufman

Re: Questions for komodo team

Post by lkaufman »

Marcus9 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:34 pm I am using the lower levels of komodo 12.1.1 to do some random play vs non random play tests.
Unfortunately, even with "variety" set to 20 for levels 0,1,2,3 it doesn't seem to work, It will mean that I will use a small book to determine the difference and / or from each other.
However, the result of these levels against random play is better for the higher ones.
Question: Is Komodo level 0 random play But it always finds mate in 1? (Not really random because is static, but chose moves without criteria)
Even the lowest Skill level on Komodo is not random play. It does a one ply search with limited qsearch and a highly randomized eval, but as you say it should always find a mate in 1 since the eval doesn't matter when there is a mate.
Komodo rules!