Fat Fritz Update

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Nordlandia

Re: Fat Fritz Update

Post by Nordlandia »

Speaking of the GUI. I think the time is ripe to improve/overhaul some of the existing adjudication settings in the engine match interface of Fritz 17.

Following in footsteps of cutechess gui is a good starting point.
cc2150dx
Full name: Jason Coombs

Post by cc2150dx »

Albert Silver wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:27 pm
JohnW wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:19 pm
Nordlandia wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:37 pm Version .2 available.

Fritz Update in addition.

By the way, the multi gpu syntax "(backend=cuda-fp16,gpu=0),(backend=cuda-fp16,gpu=1)" does not work on Fat Fritz though. Do anyone know a quick fix ?
When I run Fritz it asks if I want to update Fat Fritz from version 20 to version 2 (not .2) which is a little odd..
That gui has been a bug fest for several years now.
That is likely not a bug, but asking whether you want to upgrade Fat Fritz as opposed to the GUI. They update separately.
Speaking of upgrading Fat Fritz, I had to reinstall 2 days ago. I can't get it to upgrade past version 1. It keeps telling me that the program is up to date which it is not. I'm presently waiting on tech support probably for the next couple days. I'm thinking it might a server issue on their end.
Collingwood
Full name: .

Post by Collingwood »

corres wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:16 am
Collingwood wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:42 am
carldaman wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:41 pm
The -70 Elo difference is not a motive for development?
Why continue development, just to catch up to freeware? It's only a commercial product... :roll:
And it may be very hard to catch up anyway. It may have hit its ceiling.
Maybe Fat Fritz reach its ceiling.
But there are newer method to make stronger net and only the FatFritz was made using (mainly) human games.
But that is one reason why it may have hit its ceiling: there are only so many human games.
Jim Logan

Post by Jim Logan »

Is there any way to retain (or get back) the old versions? Hard to tell as I don't even know where the engines are stored on my drive. I updated to version 1.2 without issue. I hope that was not a mistake.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Jim Logan wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:17 am Is there any way to retain (or get back) the old versions? Hard to tell as I don't even know where the engines are stored on my drive. I updated to version 1.2 without issue. I hope that was not a mistake.

You can create a backup folder and store the previous versions there, before you upgrade, so they won't get overwritten.
Jim Logan

Post by Jim Logan »

"You can create a backup folder and store the previous versions there, before you upgrade, so they won't get overwritten."

Just what folder would that be?
Jim Logan

Post by Jim Logan »

After a bit more looking around, I found the Fat Fritz folder. But I have already updated. Other than uninstalling Fat Fritz in it's entirety, and starting from scratch, is there any way to get a hold of the older release engines? I'm guessing no.
corres

Post by corres »

It is superfluous to stick to FatFritz exe because FatFritz weight works with Lc0 ver.0.26 also. Moreover it is faster than the older and copy-pasted lc0 (==) FatFritz exe.