Question for Ed Shroder

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: Question for Ed Shroder

Post by hgm »

Ah, short memory span. Never mind, that will happen to all of us, once we grow older. But fortunately we have the quote function as a remedy for that:
mwyoung wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:03 pmHere is Ed's reply. Ed will not post here. As many of us are transitioning to a better forum.
Seems to me it was you who brought up the topic of the quality of the Pro Deo forum...

You also mentioned (publicly...) that Ed will not post here. Which naturally invited questions from other members.

In fact you were interfering with things that were none of your business. Thorsten had already pointed Larry to the Pro Deo forum, and Ed had already seen Larry's question here, and answered it there. If Ed would have been worried that Larry would not see that answer, he could have sent Larry a PM. (And perhaps he did.) You posting Ed's response here with the message that it came from a "better forum" was pure (and successful) trolling.
Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

mwyoung wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:26 am
Guenther wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:39 am
hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:30 am
mwyoung wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:33 am
hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:15 am That is just an external image, hosted off-site, which first has to be prepared elsewhere, right? Nothing like the FEN button we have here.

And the second link (is that supposed to be the game?) is just a video on youtube, which doesn't even work when you try to play it.

Not impressive...
Yes stay at CCC! It is best for you.

You can post games and diagrams, and videos now. And this is starting out.

And look everyone at this option. Remember this from the old days at CCC. :lol:

https://prodeo.actieforum.com/t58-world ... ngines#381
Of course, it is best for me. This was not even open for discussion.

The matter was which forum software is technically better. And as I originally stated, the ProDeo forum as yet lacks the feature for posting diagrams, and games. Of course you can make images of diagrams elsewhere, and then post those images. Virtually every forum allows posting of off-site images nowadays.

So, yeah, it seems still some upgrading will be needed to get at the same technical level we have here. Until you manage that it is pretty obviously best for everyone to stay at CCC.
Please don't consider integration of youtube shit ;-)

I don't know why you clowns keep trying to taunt Ed into responding. Ed has moved on. I don't think he cares what you add, or don't add to try and keep up with the shinny new forum.

What I find funny is if ccc can't fix what is broken here. I doubt if you could integrate youtube. So it is lucky you don't want it. :roll:
I can't understand why do you continue to post here? You have a new forum , you love it , its perfect for you, you dislike our forum , so, just stop to write here ? Or you're just a troll? Or a.... , or an .... ( moderated myself 😁)
So, bye bye 😉
Isa download :
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:36 pm Ah, short memory span. Never mind, that will happen to all of us, once we grow older. But fortunately we have the quote function as a remedy for that:
mwyoung wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:03 pmHere is Ed's reply. Ed will not post here. As many of us are transitioning to a better forum.
Seems to me it was you who brought up the topic of the quality of the Pro Deo forum...

You also mentioned (publicly...) that Ed will not post here. Which naturally invited questions from other members.

In fact you were interfering with things that were none of your business. Thorsten had already pointed Larry to the Pro Deo forum, and Ed had already seen Larry's question here, and answered it there. If Ed would have been worried that Larry would not see it, he could have sent Larry a PM, and perhaps he did. You posting Ed's response here with the message that it came from a "better forum" was pure (and successful) trolling.
And what does this have to do with you. This was to Larry K. And why Ed did not respond here to Larry.

It was none of your business. You don't own us, or the members. Or if people choose to leave.

And since that what you told me you wanted. You wanted them to make a new forum.

So who are you kidding.....no one.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

mwyoung wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:58 pm
hgm wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:36 pm Ah, short memory span. Never mind, that will happen to all of us, once we grow older. But fortunately we have the quote function as a remedy for that:

In fact you were interfering with things that were none of your business. Thorsten had already pointed Larry to the Pro Deo forum, and Ed had already seen Larry's question here, and answered it there. If Ed would have been worried that Larry would not see it, he could have sent Larry a PM, and perhaps he did. You posting Ed's response here with the message that it came from a "better forum" was pure (and successful) trolling.
And what does this have to do with you. This was to Larry K. And why Ed did not respond here to Larry.

It was none of your business. You don't own us, or the members. Or if people choose to leave.

And since that what you told me you wanted. You wanted them to make a new forum.

I think your forum has judged if I was correct in calling Pro Deo the better forum. CCC has been down for days. :lol:
And then you get banned from Pro Deo for being an ASS! :roll:
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

mwyoung wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:44 pm bla...

I think your forum has judged if I was correct in calling Pro Deo the better forum. CCC has been down for days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What do you still want here? You have shown your 'character' often enough now and especially the last two days.
I can safely add no one wants you here - no one needs you here. Bye.
Last edited by Guenther on Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Daniel Anulliero wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:51 pm
mwyoung wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:26 am bla...
I can't understand why do you continue to post here? You have a new forum , you love it , its perfect for you, you dislike our forum , so, just stop to write here ? Or you're just a troll? Or a.... , or an .... ( moderated myself 😁)
So, bye bye 😉
Does it start with a## and end with ##le? :)
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Guenther wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:47 pm
mwyoung wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:44 pm
mwyoung wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:58 pm

I think your forum has judged if I was correct in calling Pro Deo the better forum. CCC has been down for days. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What do you still want here? You have shown your 'character' often enough now and especially the last two days.
I can safely add no one wants you here - no one needs you here. Bye.
I have been here from the start. Truth hurts! What a sad chapter in CCC long histroy!
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

I consider the forum and the server separate issues. It was well known that the server TalkChess is currently on sucks. Entire countries have been, or still are barred access. At one time I was not able to access TalkChess for more than a week.

This is why I supported Thorsten's proposal to move TalkChess to another server. Unfortunately, at the time it seemed people were only willing to demand it. While the only way to make it happen is to pay for it. As soon as people had to vote in $ the number of votes dwindled to 0. So that the current TalkChess server sucks was never an issue, and the events of the past few days juts confirmed that. You seem to be the only one that was not aware of this, and think you made a great discovery.
And what does this have to do with you.
I am an admin here, for the purpose of enhancing forum features. So it seems obvious that anything about forum quality should be of interest to me.
And then you get banned from Pro Deo for being an ASS!
Not really. I was banned there because of Ed being stupid: he intended to warn me to not interfere withThorsten's personal attack on me, by quoting a post of mine, but instead he edited the reply into my posting. When he saw the result, he thought that I (as an ordinary member!) had changed the ownership of his posting into mine. :lol: So he wrote that I was banned for hacking the forum. I was not around at the time, and only saw that afterwards. After he discovered (or someone pointed out to him per PM) how stupid that accusation was, he apparently tried to save face by fabricating the lie that I had ignored the warning, and changed the ban announcementaccordingly. As we know Ed doesn't blink a an eye for a couple of extra lies. But at least he was able to fool you! :wink:

I only discovered the whole charade after my account was already deleted. But I had said what I wanted to say already. So I just took it as a sign that my offer to help improving the ProDeo forum was not appreciated much. No skin of my nose...
Daniel Anulliero

Post by Daniel Anulliero »

dkappe wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:39 pm
mwyoung wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:35 pm
hgm wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:04 pm And they already started fighting! A worthy CTF successor, for sure. :lol:

They seem particularly pissed off that people calling you names were not treated with the respect they thought that deserved. It was really insulting to them to be publicly told they couldn't do that; they feel more at home at a place where name calling is properly revered. :wink:
Sounds like sour grapes. No more Mr. Shut it down. Ed shut them down. :lol:
Took a quick peek over there. First thoughts? What a marvelous and even tempered group of fellows. I’m sure Ed is overjoyed that he has attracted the cream of the crop of talkchess.
+10 :D
Isa download :
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

hgm wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:52 pm I consider the forum and the server separate issues. It was well known that the server TalkChess is currently on sucks. Entire countries have been, or still are barred access. At one time I was not able to access TalkChess for more than a week.

This is why I supported Thorsten's proposal to move TalkChess to another server. Unfortunately, at the time it seemed people were only willing to demand it. While the only way to make it happen is to pay for it. As soon as people had to vote in $ the number of votes dwindled to 0. So that the current TalkChess server sucks was never an issue, and the events of the past few days juts confirmed that. You seem to be the only one that was not aware of this, and think you made a great discovery.
IMO it would be a good idea to move the whole forum to a server that cannot crash.
And maybe allows that ALL people from all over the world can access it without being blocked.

IMO the idea should be that the forum is international accessible.
The situation with whole countries blocked is not good.

If we have to pay by donation button it should be sure that
1. The bandwidth and safety of the forum is guaranteed
2. Access for all countries in the world

And it should be guaranteed that the forum cannot be “owned” by somebody (or a company) but belongs to the community
of computer chess programmers / enthusiasts.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....