Question for Ed Shroder

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: Question for Ed Shroder

Post by hgm »

mwyoung wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:35 pmSounds like sour grapes. No more Mr. Shut it down. Ed shut you down. :lol:
Your memory has a strange twist. I urged the CTF gang to set up their own shop from the beginning. We even allowed them a grace period of a week for shutting it down so that they could discuss such a move. I am really happy they did. They deserve each other.

It is just funny to see Brendan now phrase there what I had been telling in CTF from the beginning: that to have a place where you can have meaningful discussion you would also have to get rid of the Thorstens and Duncans.
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

dkappe wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:27 pm
mclane wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:15 pm Judas kiss Herr Professor ?!
Götz von Berlichingen?
Wo viel Licht ist, ist starker Schatten.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
mclane

Post by mclane »

hgm wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:01 pm
mwyoung wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:35 pmSounds like sour grapes. No more Mr. Shut it down. Ed shut you down. :lol:
Your memory has a strange twist. I urged the CTF gang to set up their own shop from the beginning. We even allowed them a grace period of a week for shutting it down so that they could discuss such a move. I am really happy they did. They deserve each other.

It is just funny to see Brendan now phrase there what I had been telling in CTF from the beginning: that to have a place where you can have meaningful discussion you would also have to get rid of the Thorstens and Duncans.
Or you Herr Professor.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

You are just a sad chapter in the long history of CCC. Now go away. You are irrelevant.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

mwyoung wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:30 pm

You are just a sad chapter in the long history of CCC. Now go away. You are irrelevant.
Wouldn’t that be better said in your shiny new forum?
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

dkappe wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:21 pm

Sound like it is relevant to you, and the gang. Since you start this nonsense. And are still here post about the shiny new forum. :lol:
Last edited by mwyoung on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

A good bet would be you are soon irrelevant here...
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Chessqueen + chessica + AlexChess + Eduard + Sylwy
dkappe
Full name: Dietrich Kappe

Post by dkappe »

mwyoung wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:29 pm
Sound like it is relevant to you, and the gang. Since you start this nonsense. And are still here post about the shiny new forum. :lol:
Oh, I’m not at your level. I could never hope to be worthy of your shiny new forum. I was just looking out for your dignity. Nothing like a mic drop without a mic.
Fat Titz by Stockfish, the engine with the bodaciously big net. Remember: size matters. If you want to learn more about this engine just google for "Fat Titz".
mclane

Post by mclane »

dkappe wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:27 pm
mwyoung wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:29 pm
Oh, I’m not at your level. I could never hope to be worthy of your shiny new forum. I was just looking out for your dignity. Nothing like a mic drop without a mic.
It’s getting more and more CTF offtopic here due to HGMs declaration of insults against people who do not post here again,
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Surely the creation of a new forum on computer chess is relevant for our community? Especially since the OP claimed it is a "better forum". Who wouldn't like a better forum?

And what is this silly talk about 'insults'? I just reported what you yourself (and Brendan) posted there. Are you now claiming your own postings are an insult to yourself?