Leela doing well in chess 960 in TCEC!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Re: Leela doing well in chess 960 in TCEC!

Post by Damir »

Alayan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:57 pm Leela might well beat Stockfish. NNUE without training on FRC positions seem to suffer a lot there.
Leela lost first 2 games already so your prediction that Lc0 will win the match is moot... :lol: :lol:
Milos

Post by Milos »

Nay Lin Tun wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:23 pm
Alayan wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:01 pm Comparing Leela against two others NN that are not trained on FRC either, and Komodo that's not tuned on FRC and is much weaker in standard chess, doesn't show that it doesn't lose elo in FRC.

In FRC semi-league 2, Leela drew all 6 games against Ethereal, and without putting it in a difficult position out of the opening in any game. This is an indication of underperformance, considering that Leela beats Eth by 200 elo at FastGM 16 cores in standard chess.
What is your vote for FRC final ?

Now, majority of tcec mobs are voting for lco!! :mrgreen: :twisted: :wink:
Showing how dumb and clueless they are. :lol: :lol: :lol:
glennsamuel32

Post by glennsamuel32 »

Nay Lin Tun wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:38 am There were some myths (or data) that Leela will not be good at chess 960.
Now she is the only engine in TCEC chess 960 (FRC) without a loss in the whole tourney so far!
(Afaik, there were a few FRC positions in the book that was briefly used in T60 but training with a book was stopped because there was no improvement for Leela using a book in training)
You couldn't have been more wrong :shock: :shock: :shock:

6 losses after 32 games :o :o :o
Judge without bias, or don't judge at all...
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

Modern Times wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:08 pm I'm not following this, but if Dragon by Komodo is in the FRC final then that would be my pick for the winner.
I would say they are very close, but against stockfish NNUE I would bet my money on Stockfish NNUE in FRC or Standard chess, but without anybody testing them especially versus Dragon MCTS we will not know for sure :roll:
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll: