Minic version 3

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

xr_a_y

Re: Minic version 3

Post by xr_a_y »

Thanks a lot for this tourney, I'm happy this net is already able to compete with Senpaï !
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

Everyone wants a new net under the Christmas tree ! :D :D :D

So I'm happy to announced Minic 3.02 and a new net named "Narcotized Nighshift".
This net was trained using an adapted pytorch learner based on Gary Linscott (with Vondele and Sopel) and Connor McMonigle work. In particular, Sopel's fast dataloader is a must have !
The architecture is the same as the previous one (so based on current Seer one), but uses "clipped relu" instead of relu now. So please note, that this new net shall not be used with Minic3.01 and previous net cannot be used with 3.02 anymore. I'm sorry for the headache ... but fast evolving nets and architecture seems to be the price to paid ...

This new net is generated with data from Minic search at depth 8 using positions seen during game at root. At the beginning of each game, 2 to 8 plies are play randomly. Around 500M positions were used, Minic was trained for 12 epoch. With this net, Minic3.02 is around 90Elo stronger than Minic3.01 with nefarious nucleus at short TC.

Hope you'll enjoy !

I know Minic genfen and training code is not crystal clear to use ... feel free to contact me (PM, discord) if you want to play around with that.
menniepals

Post by menniepals »

How do you get Minic 3.02 recognize the narcotized.bin? I put both files on the folder. I then click the engine to see it runs. It does but says no NNUE is loaded. Please help. Thanks.
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

menniepals wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:51 am How do you get Minic 3.02 recognize the narcotized.bin? I put both files on the folder. I then click the engine to see it runs. It does but says no NNUE is loaded. Please help. Thanks.
You'll have to use the UCI option "NNUEFile" for that.
menniepals

Post by menniepals »

is that nnuefile downloadable? thanks. sorry for my ignorance
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

menniepals wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:13 pm is that nnuefile downloadable? thanks. sorry for my ignorance
Yes just here : https://github.com/tryingsomestuff/NNUE-Nets
Gabor Szots
Full name: Gabor Szots

Post by Gabor Szots »

Thanks Vivien. But isn't a 't' missing from the NNUE name?
Gabor Szots
CCRL testing group
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

Gabor Szots wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:30 pm Thanks Vivien. But isn't a 't' missing from the NNUE name?
Oops
menniepals

Post by menniepals »

Thank you a lot.
xr_a_y

Post by xr_a_y »

xr_a_y wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:47 pm
Gabor Szots wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:30 pm Thanks Vivien. But isn't a 't' missing from the NNUE name?
Oops
Net name has been fixed and is of course "narcotized nightshift"

thanks a lot Gabor