Chess.com's Computer Aggregated Precision Score

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Marek Soszynski

Chess.com's Computer Aggregated Precision Score

Post by Marek Soszynski »

chess.com calculates a percentage accuracy for each side in a game (CAPS).

Is there a GUI that provides a similar facility?
Marek Soszynski
mig2004

Re: Chess.com's Computer Aggregated Precision Score

Post by mig2004 »

Fritz 15 (chessbase product) provides a predicted move score in their gui, in a defined section above the game screen. you would normally see it displayed in the game display during game time but, It does not save it, as far as i know.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi,

I hope here of some good improvements for Chessbase 16 (will be available middle of November 2020).
I am using the feature for comparsion of tactical strength of the World Champions and other very strong players.
With Stockfish as main engine.

After all ... not ultimative good implemented but maybe it works better in the new version of Chessbase.
Fact is the idea is wonderful.

Best
Frank

ChessBase 16 - Your key to fresh ideas, precise analyses and targeted training!

New in ChessBase 16:

Repertoire recommendations for every move with a single click. With a choice of focus: Main Variations, Fashion, Side Lines, Attacking, Gambits, Endgame

Better overview when playing through deeply analysed games thanks to dynamic folding of the notation

Urgent news about recently played innovations with direct access to the database

Preparation for opponents with recognition of their weaknesses taking into account your own repertoire

Innovations and trends as annotations in Tactical Analysis

Update service for MegaDatabase with a single click

After an update to Megadatabase, overview of important recent innovations and theoretical trends

Search for characteristic tactical positions in an opening variation

Slimmed down search booster: required hard disk space halved

ChessBase16 Upgrade:

ChessBase 16 Program (Multi-Language Version: EN, ES, FR, IT, NL, GER)

access to the Live-Database (8 million games)

Half year Premium membership for playchess and for the ChessBase Accounts
Cornfed
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by Cornfed »

Marek Soszynski wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:43 pm chess.com calculates a percentage accuracy for each side in a game (CAPS).

Is there a GUI that provides a similar facility?
Chessbase 15 has a similar function and frankly it is much better/more accurate than chess.com's. On Chess.com I am almost always in the 85% to 98% range in my 3/0 games. Similar numbers in Chessbase run 20-30% less.
Marek Soszynski

Post by Marek Soszynski »

Is there any GUI apart from ChessBase?
Marek Soszynski
daniel71

Post by daniel71 »

I wished Chessbase would give more generous updating policy for older versions of their database, I don't update every year, my last purchase was Mega-Chessbase 13 and cannot afford another repurchase of all the databases like Correspondence and Openings with a $500 Megadatabase. I have the lastest Fritz 17 and Powerbooks 2020 so getting Mega Chessbase 16 would be very nice but too expensive for me. If Chessbase 16 has these functions I will have to save up for a purchase.