CTF Survey - Finished. Results in final post.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ovyron

Re: CTF Survey

Post by Ovyron »

1. CTF should continue as it is now.

Or

4. Make it so that all the people that voted 2 on this thread can't see it anymore, as if it was closed - wouldn't that solve all problems? :roll: Or is it a case of "we can't allow something we dislike to exist even if it's enjoyed by some people"? Some people can't restrain themselves, nobody is being forced to look at CTF.

If you don't like it just don't go there, letting people hide it would serve the same purpose because for them it's as if it was closed, but for the rest of us it's not the same, just censorship led by tyranny of the majority.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

hgm wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:06 am [Moderation] I have moved a posting by Albert Silver to the commentary "Unfair poll" thread, because it did not seem to qualify as a vote, and I thought if would be a waste if it would just disappear without a trace.

But to make sure there is no misjudgement here: The posting contained this sentence.
Albert Silver wrote:I don't support its removal, but understand those who do.
I am not sure whether this should be counted as a vote, and whether this than would be a 'Not-2' (and thus likely be invalid) or a 1.
Well, my problem with the hidden forum idea is that while I support it only being accessible to members since it was designed to only be a discussion area for members, I don't like the idea of it being outright invisible to non-members. I think prospective members should at least know the option exists should they decide to join. I.e. "what advantages to I get to join?" The answer is not clear if you think it only opens the door to 1-2 forums. My 2 cents. That said, given no such option I'd vote 3.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
nabildanial

Post by nabildanial »

2. close it down. one of the most toxic and cancerous part of the internet i've ever seen.
Peter Hegger

Post by Peter Hegger »

Shut it down.
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

After filtering out a couple of very recent members and those who didn't express a clear opinion, we get the following totals:

Option 1, keep as is: 19
Option 2, shut it down: 37
Option 3, hide it: 3