Maiden Release - Droidfish with Honey engines

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

Maiden Release - Droidfish with Honey engines

Post by MikeB »

AdminX

Re: Maiden Release - Droidfish with Honey engines

Post by AdminX »

Thanks! Will these be placed in the Google Play Store as well or just APK only?
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by MikeB »

AdminX wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:14 am Thanks! Will these be placed in the Google Play Store as well or just APK only?
Hi Ted,
Not at this time, but we'll see.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

MikeB wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:27 am Enjoy ...

https://github.com/MichaelB7/droidfish/releases/tag/1.0
I should have added to activate the syzygy tablesbases , enter the location as “<4-men>” without the quotes. Enter it in the main menu at the bottom under >Endgame Tablebases>Syzygy Directory.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

How to install the Cerebellum book to your android device . Place it in your Droidfish/Book folder - enter the full path as shown in the snapshot below

Right click images and select >Open in New Window to see full image if needed.
click >Select Opening Book

click the Cerebellum book

Adaptive play can be used in full strength mode - it is automatically used in weakened play modes ( needs not to be set by user) .
Slow Play is used to avoid the device from moving instantly in limit strength mode. You must have Engine_Level set None to be in full strength mode, Any other Engine_Level setting will turn on Limit_Strength mode automatically on. Please make sure threads are set 1 to in any limit strength mode, multiple threads in limit strength mode will dramatically weaken the engine further as the weaker levels are total nodes searched based.
If you are in analysis mode and do not see output, you are in limit strength mode.
Years ago I was rated 1600-1700 and I can have good competitive game playing with tc 5 3, slow play on at the Expert level (Engine_Level). I like it better when I have to work to win. Unchecking FIDE ELo - will force the engine be more in alignment with CCRL ratings , i.e., stronger at weaker levels - little impact at higher GM levels

All Engines Settings are in the Manage Engine Settings - including Limit Strength. I disable the built in "Set Engine Strength" menu option as it interfered with my engines settings as I incorporated multiple ways to play weaker - Engine _Level ( predefined levels), by Elo rating or by NPS . Or simply check the adaptive box.