OKE - one year after

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, bob, hgm

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5685
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: OKE - one year after

Post by Rebel » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:19 pm

voffka wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:02 pm
Jouni wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:57 am
Soon EVERY engine uses Vieri net and start with 3400 ELO..
Igel 2.7.0 does not use SV nets, so it is weaker even with NNUE. I am curios btw about the simtest for 2.7.0 and for 2.6.0 (between each) as well as simtext between SF12/Igel and Lc0/Igel :)
I tried the sim-test, but Igel doesn't seem to support the uci:depth command.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Leto
Posts: 2052
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 am
Location: Dune

Re: OKE - one year after

Post by Leto » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Rebel wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:56 am
Added Booot 6.4, Chiron 4 and Igel NNUE.

NNUE seems to be the way to improve the early opening.

http://rebel13.nl/html/2-moves.html
http://rebel13.nl/html/3-moves.html
http://rebel13.nl/html/4-moves.html
http://rebel13.nl/html/5-moves.html
http://rebel13.nl/html/6-moves.html

Next, Crafty and Shredder 13.

Meanwhile waiting for more NNUE releases :)
I imagine Brainfish would do well in this test.

Dann Corbit
Posts: 11626
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Redmond, WA USA
Contact:

Re: OKE - one year after

Post by Dann Corbit » Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:15 pm

You would have to turn off the book or the test would be meaningless.

The same could be said for programs that communicate with Bojun Guo's chess database.
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.

Terje
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:34 am
Location: https://github.com/TerjeKir/weiss
Full name: Terje Kirstihagen

Re: OKE - one year after

Post by Terje » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:15 pm

Dann Corbit wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:15 pm
You would have to turn off the book or the test would be meaningless.

The same could be said for programs that communicate with Bojun Guo's chess database.
It would be fun to see the result of that though - Weiss can do it with NoobBook = true if you want to try @Rebel (expect about 0.7 seconds per move or so, though).

Also slightly off-topic, but it would be cool to see an update to SRL - many engines have had a new version since the last update :)

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5685
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: OKE - one year after

Post by Rebel » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:35 pm

90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

voffka
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Volodymyr Shcherbyna
Contact:

Re: OKE - one year after

Post by voffka » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:19 pm


voffka
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Volodymyr Shcherbyna
Contact:

Re: OKE - one year after

Post by voffka » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:20 pm

Rebel wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:19 pm
I tried the sim-test, but Igel doesn't seem to support the uci:depth command.
It should ... This iscoming from 2.7.0 build:

Code: Select all

Igel 2.7.0 64 BMI2 AVX2 by V. Medvedev, V. Shcherbyna
go depth 10
info depth 1 seldepth 1 score cp 30 time 0 nodes 25 tbhits 0 pv c2c4
info depth 2 seldepth 2 score cp 108 time 16 nodes 67 tbhits 0 pv e2e4 g7g6
info depth 3 seldepth 3 score cp 44 time 16 nodes 147 tbhits 0 pv e2e4 g7g6 h2h3
info depth 4 seldepth 4 score cp 110 time 16 nodes 293 tbhits 0 pv e2e4 e7e6 d2d4 h7h6
info depth 5 seldepth 9 score cp 92 time 16 nodes 719 tbhits 0 pv e2e4 e7e6 d2d4 h7h6 c2c4
info depth 6 seldepth 9 score cp 38 time 16 nodes 1830 tbhits 0 pv e2e4 c7c5 g1f3 g8f6 b1c3 d7d6
info depth 7 seldepth 10 score cp 56 time 16 nodes 4632 tbhits 0 pv d2d4 d7d5 c2c4 d5c4 g1f3 g8f6 b1c3
info depth 8 seldepth 17 score cp 68 time 16 nodes 6593 tbhits 0 pv d2d4 d7d5 c2c4 e7e6 b1c3 g8f6 g1f3 c7c5 c4d5
info depth 9 seldepth 19 score cp 68 time 31 nodes 9375 tbhits 0 pv d2d4 d7d5 c2c4 e7e6 g1f3 g8f6 b1c3 c7c5 c4d5
info depth 10 seldepth 21 score cp 52 time 47 nodes 16198 tbhits 0 pv d2d4 e7e6 c2c4 g8f6 g1f3 f8b4 c1d2 c7c5 d2b4 c5b4 d4d5 e6d5 c4d5
I wonder if you have by chance the uci output of Igel when you run sim test?

RubiChess
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:20 am

Re: OKE - one year after

Post by RubiChess » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:02 am

Can you also test "regular" Rubi-1.8? Would be interesting to see how good (bad) it is compared to the other non-NNUE engines.

Regards, Andreas

voffka
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:58 pm
Location: Ukraine
Full name: Volodymyr Shcherbyna
Contact:

Re: OKE - one year after

Post by voffka » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:15 pm

RubiChess wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:02 am

Can you also test "regular" Rubi-1.8?
We should use perhaps term "Legacy" for hand crafted evaluation engines if a NNUE is adopted by engine. Next build of Igel will feature a hand crafted evaluation version called "Igel Legacy".

Alayan
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 pm
Full name: Alayan Feh

Re: OKE - one year after

Post by Alayan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:34 pm

"Classical" sounds way nicer than "legacy".

Post Reply