New release Pedone 2.1

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Wolfgang

Re: New release Pedone 2.1

Post by Wolfgang »

Thanks Fabio,

will there be a release soon(er or later)? :D
Best
Wolfgang
CEGT-Team
www.cegt.net
www.cegt.forumieren.com
Fabio Gobbato
Full name: Fabio Gobbato

Post by Fabio Gobbato »

I would like to test some other things and maybe for January I will release a new version.
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

Nice 👍
Best
Wolfgang
CEGT-Team
www.cegt.net
www.cegt.forumieren.com
Pi4Chess
Full name: Manuel Rivera

Post by Pi4Chess »

Hello Fabio,

Just to confirm you that your armv8 build I working on a Rasperry Pi 4 with Linux 64 bits.

Would be Nice if you tell what choices you made for compiling (gcc? Flags?)
Many armv8 builds don't work on Pi 4 because they are only adressed to Android it seems with ndk and/or Android specific libs.
So it's interesting to know why yours is working like a charm on this platform.
Fabio Gobbato
Full name: Fabio Gobbato

Post by Fabio Gobbato »

I don't know exactly why but this is the compilation command:

Code: Select all

aarch64-linux-android21-clang ./main.c -s -static -pthread -O3 -flto -std=gnu11 -DNDEBUG -Wall -Wextra -lm -march=armv8-a -fPIE -o ./Pedone_armv8
Maybe -fPIE could make the difference but I'm not an expert of arm environments.
Pi4Chess

Post by Pi4Chess »

Fabio Gobbato wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:45 pm I don't know exactly why but this is the compilation command:

Code: Select all

aarch64-linux-android21-clang ./main.c -s -static -pthread -O3 -flto -std=gnu11 -DNDEBUG -Wall -Wextra -lm -march=armv8-a -fPIE -o ./Pedone_armv8
Maybe -fPIE could make the difference but I'm not an expert of arm environments.
Thanks for your input. I don't know why either ^^ It could be one flag or perhaps the compiler itself or even the OS you are using. Your clang compiler mentions linux and android and i know some compile with ndk and others with gcc...

Now it's just a matter to compare with methods of other people that do build for armv8 but that only work with android and do not work with aarch64/Arm64 Linux architecture, and see if they can reproduce with same compiler as you.

Thanks again Fabio.
Archimedes
Full name: Archimedes

Post by Archimedes »

Fabio makes static builds. May be your environment needs static builds (with all necessary libraries in the executable).
Pi4Chess

Post by Pi4Chess »

Archimedes wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:11 pm Fabio makes static builds. May be your environment needs static builds (with all necessary libraries in the executable).
Yes it could be that also. May be you could try add -static to one of your armv8 android build and let me try it on rpi4 to test it. But i think we cannot follow this talk on Pedone topic. If you agree to do some testing please tell me on this topic : http://www.talkchess.com/forum3/viewtop ... =2&t=75909