Repository for Stockfish+NNUE Android Builds

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
AdminX

Repository for Stockfish+NNUE Android Builds

Post by AdminX » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:05 am

Is there a Repository where one can location different Androids builds of Stockfish+NNUE?
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

supersharp77

Re: Repository for Stockfish+NNUE Android Builds

Post by supersharp77 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:22 pm

AdminX wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:05 am
Is there a Repository where one can location different Androids builds of Stockfish+NNUE?
Well there is no main download portal yet.. but Outskirts Forum seems to be the leader for Android NNUE compiles
so far... :) :wink:

M ANSARI

Post by M ANSARI » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:31 am

I think it is only a matter of time before SF NNUE becomes the actual SF as it seems it is much stronger. When that happens maybe there will be a switch of engines in the SF application for mobile. I am still not sure how the engines compare at the reduced hardware though, but theoretically it should be much stronger.

Milos

Post by Milos » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:42 am

M ANSARI wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:31 am
I think it is only a matter of time before SF NNUE becomes the actual SF as it seems it is much stronger. When that happens maybe there will be a switch of engines in the SF application for mobile. I am still not sure how the engines compare at the reduced hardware though, but theoretically it should be much stronger.
SF-NNUE handcrafted SIMD optimization in NN eval is not very advanced for ARM atm. One would probably need to optimize that one at some point.