Sure no one here can beat this simple free smartphone engine!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

M ANSARI

Re: Sure no one here can beat this simple free smartphone engine!

Post by M ANSARI »

I don't know if anyone has tried playing against Lichess SF. It says AI on it so I am guessing it must be SF NNUE. I tried it at bullet 1 0 and got clobbered. Up to level 6 I managed to win quite easily ... but I only managed a few draws at level 7 after many tries. It is unnerving how quickly it plays and unlike a human you can't bluff it by playing inaccurate moves as time dwindles down. As your time goes low it starts playing differently and seems to play moves that have more to do with killing your time rather the strongest move. I am sure at level 7 it is beatable if you create some opening "system" as on many occasions you get very good positions but it just kills you tactically when time is low. Level 7 is rated 2100 or something like that ... but to be honest I feel I have more chance to beat a human who is 2600 than this level 7. 2100 no way !!! I guess it is rated only 2100 because there are people who have some systems they use that quickly get them into a winning position and it just repeats those moves. But if you are playing it as it you are playing a human then I think it must be at least 2800 at level 7 in bullet.
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Re: Sure no one here can beat this simple free smartphone engine!

Post by Chessqueen »

Chessqueen wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:14 am
Chessqueen wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:38 am
Chessqueen wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:12 am
Chessqueen wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:54 am
S.Taylor wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:39 am I'm sure this engine, for your pocket android, and free, is way way stronger than the monster Deeper blue that beat Lasparov in 1997.
Of course it is, let me show you the specs of the latest A13 for iphone, and this Iphone Xs Max is way stronger than the computer that played versus GM Kramnik back in 2002

The Apple A13 Bionic is a System on a Chip (SoC) from Apple that is found in the iPhone 11 series. It was announced late 2019 and offers 6 cores divided in 2 performance cores and four power efficiency cores. Compared to the previous A12 Bionic, the A13 should offer a 20% improved CPU performance at 40% lower power (according to Apple).

With 8.5 billion transistors, the A13 Bionic is a big chip especially compared to the Snapdragon 835 (3 Billion) or a Skylake desktop quad-core Soc (1.75 Billion).

The A13 Bionic has a whopping 8.5 billion second-generation seven-nanometer transistors, up from 6.9 billion in the previous generation. It can perform one trillion operations per second, thanks in part to new machine learning accelerators that can run matrix multiplication six times faster.Sep 13, 2019

Intel Core i5-6287U ► removeIntel 6287U
The Intel Core i5-6287U is a dual-core SoC based on the Skylake architecture and has been launched in September 2015. The CPU can be found in medium-sized ultrabooks as well as normal notebooks. In addition to two CPU cores with Hyper-Threading clocked at 3.1 - 3.5 GHz (2 cores: max. 3.3 GHz), the chip also integrates an Iris Graphics 550 GPU with 64 MB of eDRAM memory as well as a dual-channel DDR4-2133/DDR3L-1600 memory controller. The SoC is manufactured using a 14 nm process with FinFET transistors.

Architecture

Skylake replaces both Haswell and Broadwell and brings the same microarchitecture in every TDP class from 4.5 to 45 W. The extensive improvements of the Skylake design include increased out-of-order buffers, optimized prefetching and branch prediction as well as additional performance gains through Hyper-Threading. Overall, however, performance per clock has been increased by only 5 to 10 percent (compared to Haswell) respectively under 5 percent (compard to Broadwell), which is quite modest for a new architecture ("Tock").

Furthermore, the organisation of the eDRAM cache has been modified. Instead of acting like a victim cache, which has to be adressed via the L3/LLC, the eDRAM can now be adressed directly by programms just like the main memory. The size is still 128 MB for the quad-core models (4C + GT4e), while the dual-core chips (2C + GT3e) only offer 64 MB.

Performance

According to the specified clock rates and the improved architecture, the Core i5-6287U should perform similar to the former Core i5-5350H (Broadwell) and is one of the fastest mobile dual-cores as of late 2015.

Even demanding applications and multitasking are handled easily.

Graphics

The integrated graphics unit called Iris Graphics 550 represents the "GT3e" version of the Skylake GPU (Intel Gen. 9). The 48 Execution Units, also called EUs, are clocked at 350 - 1100 MHz and offer (thanks to the fast eDRAM cache) a performance similar to a dedicated GeForce 930M. Games of 2015 can thus be played smoothly in low or medium settings. For more information about performance and features, check our page for the Iris Graphics 550.

Power Consumption

Specified at a TDP of 28 W (including CPU, GPU and memory controller), the CPU is best suited for medium-sized notebooks (13-inches and above). Optionally, the TDP can be lowered to 23 watts (cTDP down), reducing both heat dissipation and performance.
Today I played 10 more games and the score was 6 to 4 in favor of the iphone Xs Max, so far the score is 20 to 15
Okay. I decided to go back and played Smallfish iphone Xs Max Vs Stockfish Dell inspiron 22, so between yesterday and today I finished the last 15 games and the score was 8 to 7 in favor of iphone Xs Max, therefore, the Final score out of 50 games is 28 to 22 in favor of iphone Xs Max.
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll: