NNUE Explosion...Eman Enters The Fray...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

supersharp77

NNUE Explosion...Eman Enters The Fray...

Post by supersharp77 »

"Eman 5.80 + Eman Enigma 1.00

x

Khalid Omar
12:59 PM (6 hours ago)

to

Dear chess fans,

I believe I have good news 😊

In addition to the release of Eman 5.80, I would like to introduce the newest member in Eman family: Eman Enigma 1.00

Eman Enigma is, in a nutshell, Eman + NNUE, but, there is a twist 😊

Eman Enigma combines the best of both; the traditional/normal evaluation and the neural network evaluation. You will have complete control over the evaluation by assigning evaluation weights in the engine parameters. I thought I will go one extra step and control the evaluation at the game-phase level (midgame vs. endgame).

The two engine parameters in question are called Midgame NN Eval Weight and Endgame NN Eval Weight. Both parameters accept any value in the range 0 to 100 with the default being 50, by setting the value of these parameters you will be effectively also setting the weight of the traditional evaluation.

For example, if you set the Midgame NN Eval Weight to 75, this automatically means the midgame traditional evaluation weight will be set to 25 (since the sum of both weights have to be 100). The same goes for Endgame NN Evaluation weight.

Eman Enigma was tested on multiple computers with multiple time controls for as long as I could afford. The results were more impressive than I ever hoped for.

**As per my tests, Eman Enigma is at least +50 ELO points ahead of Eman 5.80. However, in some tests, the difference was up to +80 ELO points. So I’m hoping the real/final difference is somewhere around +75 ELO points**

You will notice that Eman Enigma is at best 50% slower than the normal Eman! But do not worry, speed is not everything. However, Eman Enigma speed depends heavily on your CPU features and capabilities, for this reason, I have created more fine-tuned build for Eman Enigma alone, as follows:
Eman Enigma 1.00 64-bit BMI2.exe: This build has SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4, AVX, AVX2, POPCNT, and BMI2 instruction sets enabled
Eman Enigma 1.00 64-bit POPCNT.exe: This build has SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4, AVX, AVX2 and POPCNT instruction sets enabled
Eman Enigma 1.00 64-bit POPCNT Legacy.exe: This build has SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4 and POPCNT instruction sets enabled
Eman Enigma 1.00 64-bit.exe: This build has SSE instruction sets enabled (very slow build and not recommended, use Eman 5.80 instead)"

A Quite Interesting Moment...... :D :wink:
karger
Full name: John Karger

Re: NNUE Explosion...Eman Enters The Fray...

Post by karger »

Another NNUE engine , so what ?