Eman Enigma 1.00

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AdminX

Eman Enigma 1.00

Post by AdminX »

:D :D :D

Eman Enigma is, in a nutshell, Eman + NNUE, but, there is a twist 😊

Eman Enigma combines the best of both; the traditional/normal evaluation and the neural network evaluation. You will have complete control over the evaluation by assigning evaluation weights in the engine parameters. I thought I will go one extra step and control the evaluation at the game-phase level (midgame vs. endgame).

The two engine parameters in question are called Midgame NN Eval Weight and Endgame NN Eval Weight. Both parameters accept any value in the range 0 to 100 with the default being 50, by setting the value of these parameters you will be effectively also setting the weight of the traditional evaluation.

"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Re: Eman Enigma 1.00

Post by carldaman »

Good work, but the enigma may be about being able to acquire the engine in the first place. :P
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

carldaman wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:17 am Good work, but the enigma may be about being able to acquire the engine in the first place. :P
Oh so true! :P Lucky I am on the mailing list, and I am thankful also.

Post by carldaman »

Btw, I tried to register to the Infinity forum to see if I could get a hold of Khalid, but it was completely futile - I hit the Submit button and nothing happened no matter what.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

carldaman wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:42 am Btw, I tried to register to the Infinity forum to see if I could get a hold of Khalid, but it was completely futile - I hit the Submit button and nothing happened no matter what.
Check your messages, I sent you his MSN email address. I hope you have better luck contacting him that way.

Post by AdminX »

Game 1 test drive just started with no books.

Post by carldaman »

AdminX wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:31 am
carldaman wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:42 am Btw, I tried to register to the Infinity forum to see if I could get a hold of Khalid, but it was completely futile - I hit the Submit button and nothing happened no matter what.
Check your messages, I sent you his MSN email address. I hope you have better luck contacting him that way.
Thanks, you're very kind! :)
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

AdminX wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:35 am Game 1 test drive just started with no books.

Yes, Mr.Khalid Omar was extremely fast. Eman Enigma 1.0 is already in test on my PC (only with a 8 plies book) & 50%-50% NNUE-native evaluation ! :D

Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

For people that don't know: Eman Enigma is an illegal engine that breaks Stockfish's license and refuses to provide source code, so while Eman benefits from all the work of the Stockfish team, NN development code and people that train NNs, nobody can benefit from Eman.

By supporting Eman you support the bad guys, it's as if people supported an illegal Komodo that was given to people for free.