An info

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Dann Corbit, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
User avatar
Sylwy
Posts: 3605
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: IASI (Romania) - the historical capital of MOLDOVA

An info

Post by Sylwy » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:40 am


User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5887
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: An info

Post by Rebel » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:18 am

No surprise the SF crowd will be first, I am sure Komodo, Ethereal etc. will follow.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9773
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: An info

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Sylwy wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:40 am
Started:

https://github.com/official-stockfish/S ... ssues/2823
At last :D

Cheers,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

corres
Posts: 3657
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:41 am
Location: hungary

Re: An info

Post by corres » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:54 pm

The developers of Stockfish want to save the quality of Stockfish and NNUE give opportunity to get finger-practice in NN programming.

User avatar
Ovyron
Posts: 4415
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:30 am

Re: An info

Post by Ovyron » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:02 am

I like this part:
SPRT test NNUE more than 30 Elo gain on fishtest.
This means that after all is said and done the merge will not happen unless it brings at least 30 elo. Luckily we've past that point (it's over 100 elo in some conditions), but imagine if they go through all the job and Stockfish stays the same because they only get 29 elo!

Post Reply