Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

mmt
Full name: .

Re: Polish users cut off from TalkChess

Post by mmt »

I remember that it took me something like two weeks to register my account. It should be instantaneous or a quick manual process or many people won't bother to come back.
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Guys, we don't need to migrate anything. Create a new forum in your servers and call it new Talkchess or whatever, then tell everyone to migrate so they post there instead of here.

See how it goes.

If it works you have your new forum without all the problems from here.

If it doesn't we'll still have this place here. I've seen places disappear from the net when they attempted to migrate and it didn't work. Entire communities die. So just try the migration without closing this one up.

If only 5% of users follow you then 95% of users are currently happy here. I can count how many people followed Guenther to RWBC Computerchess Forum with one finger, that may be a forum without any of Talkchess's host problems, which shows the community built is more important than where the forum resides.
Richard1964
Full name: Richard Rusinkiewicz

Post by Richard1964 »

I am Polish locked in Holland, not locked from here to talkchess. I invite to try out my relaxchess 7 uci enngines from here https://bit.ly/3gicRsI
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

Why do you call them relax chess
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
duncan

Post by duncan »

Ovyron wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:16 am If people want a free VPN to access Talkchess I recommend SoftEther VPN, I've been able to use it to bypass blocks of videos in my country, and yes, when you can watch videos it's because it's very fast and transparent.
What components are you meant to download?

https://www.softether-download.com/en.a ... =softether
Richard1964
Full name: Richard Rusinkiewicz

Post by Richard1964 »

I use tor browser to pass local fire walls here. Then You will get Austrailian identity probably. Relax chess is far from that now, mainly due to the location, but I would like to get more responses about playing againt relaxchess engine. And password to unpack executable is burak2020 , link you can find earlier.
MikeGL

Post by MikeGL »

Karol Majewski wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:03 pm Hi Dann, I confirm that. Here in Poland we cannot access Talkchess.com since May (AFAIR). What I'm doing now is I'm connecting via proxy.
Can you recheck now? Looks like I can connect now without using a VPN nor tor since 5 days ago.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
OneTrickPony

Post by OneTrickPony »

It still doesn't work for me (using VPN to log in now).
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

That’s why I say: let’s move the whole thing to Europe.
We don’t even know how many people are blocked because not all people complain here.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

mclane wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 am We don’t even know how many people are blocked because not all people complain here.
Eastern Europe in integrum (most countries since January). Just an info not a complaint ( :lol: :wink: :lol: ).