Auto Brute Force

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Werewolf

Auto Brute Force

Post by Werewolf »

Does anyone know of any program where you can enter in a series of moves and hit a button and get the machine to auto-generate a complete 2 ply brute force pgn?

I.E every move for the side to play and every reply to those moves for the opponent?
MOBMAT

Re: Auto Brute Force

Post by MOBMAT »

You might want to check out the Python chess library.
it has everything you need to solve this problem, albeit you will have to write some glue code.
i7-6700K @ 4.00Ghz 32Gb, Win 10 Home, EGTBs on PCI SSD
Benchmark: Stockfish15.1 NNUE x64 bmi2 (nps): 1277K
abgursu
Full name: A. B. Gursu

Post by abgursu »

Werewolf wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:56 pm Does anyone know of any program where you can enter in a series of moves and hit a button and get the machine to auto-generate a complete 2 ply brute force pgn?

I.E every move for the side to play and every reply to those moves for the opponent?
As I know, Eman has this option called Full Analysis Depth which you can set the depth for brute search. After Eman reaches it, start analysing normally.
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

MOBMAT wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:13 am You might want to check out the Python chess library.
it has everything you need to solve this problem, albeit you will have to write some glue code.
Also possible is to generate Perft 2 ply deep and display all moves.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Vinvin wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:54 pm
MOBMAT wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:13 am You might want to check out the Python chess library.
Also possible is to generate Perft 2 ply deep and display all moves.
But you have to write code, right?
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

abgursu wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:03 pm
Werewolf wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:56 pm Does anyone know of any program where you can enter in a series of moves and hit a button and get the machine to auto-generate a complete 2 ply brute force pgn?

As I know, Eman has this option called Full Analysis Depth which you can set the depth for brute search. After Eman reaches it, start analysing normally.
I should have clarified what I want this for: it's for seeding IDeA projects in Aquarium by dumping a 2 ply deep pgn of a position on top of it, not just regular engine analysis.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

It looks good but learning this code and how to use it looks difficult.
bob

Post by bob »

As a note you might get a sequence of moves that will lead to that position, but you will never get "the" series that was actually played...
Ovyron

Post by Ovyron »

Werewolf wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:18 pm I should have clarified what I want this for: it's for seeding IDeA projects in Aquarium by dumping a 2 ply deep pgn of a position on top of it, not just regular engine analysis.
Can't you do that with IDeA itself? Set it to write anything to the tree, then set the engine to depth 1 (so this is done fast), then set your engine to maximum MultiPV (so all playable moves are covered), then set the maximum length to 2 ply and unlimited width (so all moves in the tree are visited).

After running it the engine should produce the tree that you want and the project should stop when it includes all the nodes that you want in it, and then you should be able to start regular engine analysis.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Ovyron wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:24 am
Werewolf wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:18 pm I should have clarified what I want this for: it's for seeding IDeA projects in Aquarium by dumping a 2 ply deep pgn of a position on top of it, not just regular engine analysis.
Can't you do that with IDeA itself? Set it to write anything to the tree, then set the engine to depth 1 (so this is done fast), then set your engine to maximum MultiPV (so all playable moves are covered), then set the maximum length to 2 ply and unlimited width (so all moves in the tree are visited).

After running it the engine should produce the tree that you want and the project should stop when it includes all the nodes that you want in it, and then you should be able to start regular engine analysis.
I was hoping to do this in Sandbox rather than creating a special new IDeA tree. I'm trying to make your plan work as a new IDeA project as a test to start with. It will mean importing this new tree into an existing IDeA project though I think