Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
Frank Quisinsky
Posts: 4986
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: Trier, Germany
Contact:

Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Post by Frank Quisinsky » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:40 am

Hi there,

Wasp is clear for takeoff on runway 400.
Wind is good ... some airplane spotters, air captains and crews are waiting of it.

All the release and test-run information with some stats can be found under my dinosaur webpage (I know, I have to create a better one):

Frank's Chess Page
http://www.amateurschach.de

Sure that the DGT-Pi setup file will be follow soon, please have patience!
Later this day are some Wasp bench results for the "new" Intel i9-10900 processor available on Wasp news-page!

Have fun with Wasp 4.00
... which like the aggressive human style in middlegames!

Thanks John!

Best
Frank
I like computer chess!

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5452
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Post by AdminX » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:08 am

Thanks Frank and John!
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

Frank Quisinsky
Posts: 4986
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: Trier, Germany
Contact:

Re: Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Post by Frank Quisinsky » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:28 am

Hi there,

I added the bench results on Wasp News Page and wasp_400.zip download file!

Best
Frank
I like computer chess!

jstanback
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:14 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Full name: John Stanback

Re: Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Post by jstanback » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:26 pm

Thanks for hosting Wasp on your web site and testing the pre-release versions, Frank!!

John

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5360
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Post by Rebel » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:04 pm

NICE predicts +60 elo

Code: Select all

    EPD  : epd\lc1.epd
    Time : 1000ms
                                                               Max            Time   Hash          
    Engine           Points  Used Time   Found   Pos    Elo   Score   Score    ms     Mb  Cpu  Errors
15  Wasp 4.00        299925  11:45:50.1  20727  40000  2999  400000  74.98%   1000   128    1     0
23  Wasp 3.75        293908  11:44:35.3  20203  40000  2939  400000  73.48%   1000   128    1     0
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.

jstanback
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:14 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Full name: John Stanback

Re: Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Post by jstanback » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:17 pm

Nice!

Alayan
Posts: 327
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:48 pm
Full name: Alayan Feh

Re: Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Post by Alayan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:23 pm

Congrats on the release.

Wasp has had regular progress over the last 4 years, I hope this will continue.

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 34203
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Post by Graham Banks » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:45 pm

AdminX wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:08 am
Thanks Frank and John!
+1
gbanksnz at gmail.com

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5452
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Post by AdminX » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:00 pm

By the way I like that new logo (New To Me)

Image
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

Frank Quisinsky
Posts: 4986
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: Trier, Germany
Contact:

Re: Wasp 4.00 by John Stanback available!

Post by Frank Quisinsky » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:50 pm

Hello and good evening,

the logo is created by Wilhelm Hudetz (Austria) for around 4 years.

An other nice logo can be found in John Stanback "observed selection" on my site:

http://www.amateurschach.de/main/_wasp-beta-test.htm

...

for the other readers ...
Wasp 4.00 DGT-Pi setup file is available!
Thanks here to Michael Völschow (Admin: www.schachcomputer.info).

Best
Frank
I like computer chess!

Post Reply