Komodo 14 released.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Krzysztof Grzelak

Re: Komodo 14 released.

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

I would like to inform you about the new version Komodo 14.1.
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:02 pm I would like to inform you about the new version Komodo 14.1.
Thanx. Testrun started. Result in 2 days, if all works correct.

https://www.sp-cc.de/

PS: Sadly, the download-page of Komodo-website, shows still Komodo 14. And when you download this, the folder has the same name, Komodo 14 had: Komodo-14_9ebcfc9b. But inside there is Komodo 14.1 Binary. Strange.
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

pohl4711: what is the main news in version 14.1, expressed in the manual.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

pohl4711 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:31 pm Thanx. Testrun started. Result in 2 days, if all works correct.

https://www.sp-cc.de/

PS: Sadly, the download-page of Komodo-website, shows still Komodo 14. And when you download this, the folder has the same name, Komodo 14 had: Komodo-14_9ebcfc9b. But inside there is Komodo 14.1 Binary. Strange.
You're right, I'm just like you.
APassionForCriminalJustic

Post by APassionForCriminalJustic »

Yeah, 10 ELO just isn't going to cut it. That's not a "significant" increase in strength. I was actually expecting a jump straight to Komodo 15 with NNUE. These aren't the days of 5 to 10 ELO every 3 to 5 months anymore. But we all knew that this point would come when the existence of commercial engines would be effectively wrecked. I watched Komodo get absolutely destroyed versus Stockfish (NOT NNUE; final version before NNUE I believe) at TCEC by some 264 ELO points (I don't quite remember but it was massive) a fairly decent time control as well. I mean, I remember when these two engines were competing so closely, and Stockfish was always noted to be better at bullet and blitz. Stockfish no longer needs to just win with fast time; it will just outright win because it's a lot better.

If Mark and Larry truly want to bring more people back to their camp then I think they need to come out with a BANG. And that is meant in every literal sense. Because when I go to their site their subscription service no longer makes much sense to me. And I'm sure plenty of people feel this way. Heck even Ethereal has surpassed Komodo's strength.