Komodo 14 released.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Cornfed
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Re: Komodo 14 released.

Post by Cornfed »

Paloma wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:40 pm It's suspiciously quiet around Komodo, neither Mark nor Larry talk about Komodo lately.
Last posting by Larry was on September 10th.
Previous posts point to them working on a new Komodo. When you are engaged in a commercial enterprise you don't put out junk. Be patient...I'm expecting something perfectly acceptable and with a thing or two your basic NN's do not do...or do not do well.
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Paloma wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:40 pm It's suspiciously quiet around Komodo, neither Mark nor Larry talk about Komodo lately.
Last posting by Larry was on September 10th.
I'll just say we're working hard on Komodo, and we hope you won't have to wait too long to see the fruits of it.
Komodo rules!
Stonker
Full name: Michael Woolley

Post by Stonker »

Glad and excited to hear that. Thank you for responding. We can do with some renewed lizard energy.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

After all, when the new version of the program. Just that it is worth something and not give the program unnecessary functions.
Madeleine Birchfield
Full name: Madeleine Birchfield

Post by Madeleine Birchfield »

Is a new version of Komodo the mystery engine playing at chess.com's Computer Chess Championship?
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

With that flag? I don't think so.
Jouni

Post by Jouni »

Smart Syzygy is Komodo parameter :) .
Jouni
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Yes, parameters would suggest Komodo, but I'd venture it's not very difficult to add whatever UCI option you want, without it actually having to do anything.

The flag on the other hand would be a blatant lie. If misdirection was what they wanted at chess.com, they could've just used the UN flag.
RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Post by RubiChess »

+250 is Komodo TB score.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Larry,

I'm just waiting to renew my K subscription as soon as K15 comes out. Also, for those subscribers who do sign up for the desktop version — do you think we should get some type of discount at the Google Play Store (via coupon code whatever) :D

Anyway, anxiously awaiting with Komodo bated breath — gosh that sounds lethal...

All the best,

MikeB