Komodo Vs ChessQueen Final Match

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Komodo Vs ChessQueen Final Match

Post by Chessqueen »

Sorry for creating this new post, but the last post where I was posting all my matches was overloaded and it did not let me post my most important match Komodo 13.3 with Knight odds and b2 pawn removed. http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73759 I finally figure out how to close the position for Komodo created a fortress and slowly exchanged my Bishop for Komodo Knight which was going to be required for Komodo to defend the King later on, well Komodo was already a Knight downs with the odds, so all that I have to figure out what to neutralize Komodo aggressiveness and that I did by closing the position took away any good spot for both bishops making them useless and little by little forced Komodo to resign those were the latest instructions by my online trainer how to neutralize any possible aggressiveness or actions specially when I am already a piece up and in this case also an extra pawn. Sorry that I have to ask for advice before the game of how to beat an engine when I am already a piece up plus a pawn. Plus it helped that I showed ,my online trainer my previous game and he looked at it and send me a few tips :roll:

PS: At the end of this position I was waiting for Komodo to retrieve his Bishop to 32. Bc2 and I was going to answer by advancing my e pawn
to 32...e4 followed by advancing my f pawn to f5 on my next move making Komodo position useless by not being able to use his two Bishops. :roll:

[pgn]
[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "2020.05.10"]
[Round "?"]
[White "Komodo 13.3 64-bit"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/P1PPPPPP/R1BQKBNR w KQkq - 0 1"]
[PlyCount "72"]

1. Nf3 g6 2. Bb2 Nf6 3. e4 Bg7 4. e5 Nh5 5. Bb5 c6 6. Ba4 d6 7. O-O Bg4 8. h3
Bxf3 9. Qxf3 Bxe5 10. d4 Bg7 11. Rfe1 O-O 12. Rad1 d5 13. Qd3 Na6 14. Qd2 Qc7
15. Ba1 e6 16. Qe3 c5 17. c3 Nf6 18. Rb1 Ne4 19. f3 Ng3 20. Bb5 Bf6 21. Bd3 Bh4
22. Red1 c4 23. Bc2 Rae8 24. f4 f6 25. Qf3 Rf7 26. Re1 Nh5 27. Rf1 Bg3 28. Bb2
Bxf4 29. Rfe1 Bg3 30. Re3 Qd6 31. Ba4 Rb8 0-1[/pgn]
Who is 17 years old GM Gukesh 2nd at the Candidate in Toronto?
https://indianexpress.com/article/sport ... t-9281394/
supersharp77

Re: Komodo Vs ChessQueen Final Match

Post by supersharp77 »

Chessqueen wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:46 am Sorry for creating this new post, but the last post where I was posting all my matches was overloaded and it did not let me post my most important match Komodo 13.3 with Knight odds and b2 pawn removed. http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73759 I finally figure out how to close the position for Komodo created a fortress and slowly exchanged my Bishop for Komodo Knight which was going to be required for Komodo to defend the King later on, well Komodo was already a Knight downs with the odds, so all that I have to figure out what to neutralize Komodo aggressiveness and that I did by closing the position took away any good spot for both bishops making them useless and little by little forced Komodo to resign those were the latest instructions by my online trainer how to neutralize any possible aggressiveness or actions specially when I am already a piece up and in this case also an extra pawn. Sorry that I have to ask for advice before the game of how to beat an engine when I am already a piece up plus a pawn. Plus it helped that I showed ,my online trainer my previous game and he looked at it and send me a few tips :roll:

PS: At the end of this position I was waiting for Komodo to retrieve his Bishop to 32. Bc2 and I was going to answer by advancing my e pawn
to 32...e4 followed by advancing my f pawn to f5 on my next move making Komodo position useless by not being able to use his two Bishops. :roll:

[pgn]
[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "2020.05.10"]
[Round "?"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "72"]

Result is 100% meaningless... 4 points ahead to start the contest.....you must win "Straight Up" head to head..."That's the Rules" see Father Engine Games... :) :wink:

http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... er#p819849
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

supersharp77 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:46 pm
Chessqueen wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:46 am Sorry for creating this new post, but the last post where I was posting all my matches was overloaded and it did not let me post my most important match Komodo 13.3 with Knight odds and b2 pawn removed. http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73759 I finally figure out how to close the position for Komodo created a fortress and slowly exchanged my Bishop for Komodo Knight which was going to be required for Komodo to defend the King later on, well Komodo was already a Knight downs with the odds, so all that I have to figure out what to neutralize Komodo aggressiveness and that I did by closing the position took away any good spot for both bishops making them useless and little by little forced Komodo to resign those were the latest instructions by my online trainer how to neutralize any possible aggressiveness or actions specially when I am already a piece up and in this case also an extra pawn. Sorry that I have to ask for advice before the game of how to beat an engine when I am already a piece up plus a pawn. Plus it helped that I showed ,my online trainer my previous game and he looked at it and send me a few tips :roll:

[pgn]
[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "2020.05.10"]
[Round "?"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "72"]

Result is 100% meaningless... 4 points ahead to start the contest.....you must win "Straight Up" head to head..."That's the Rules" see Father Engine Games... :) :wink:

If it is meaningless why don't you beat Komodo 13.3 with the same odds, and how many people here claim that they can beat Komodo13.3 with a Knight odds, can you do it?,even on your android?

Sorry but not everybody is like Father Engine, and I am like Saint Thomas I will have to see him in Zooms.us video conferencing playing Komodo or whatever program he claims to beat without odds. Just because he post a few games beating top programs, I will not believe him. Simply use your logic, top GM Like Nakamura can NOT beat Komodo without odds so if I tell you that I own the Moon and I will sell it to you for only $20,000 will you purchase the Moon from me :?: :mrgreen:
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:50 am

[pgn]
[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "2020.05.10"]
[Round "?"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "72"]

If it is meaningless why don't you beat Komodo 13.3 with the same odds, and how many people here claim that they can beat Komodo13.3 with a Knight odds, can you do it?,even on your android?

Sorry but not everybody is like Father Engine, and I am like Saint Thomas I will have to see him in Zooms.us video conferencing playing Komodo or whatever program he claims to beat without odds. Just because he post a few games beating top programs, I will not believe him. Simply use your logic, top GM Like Nakamura can NOT beat Komodo without odds so if I tell you that I own the Moon and I will sell it to you for only $20,000 will you purchase the Moon from me :?: :mrgreen:
As far as I know, "Father" has not posted any games he won from engines, excluded time forfeits due to lag that the engine wasn't aware of. He sometimes gets draws with Stockfish because it allows for a total blocking of the position. I doubt that he would ever get a draw with Komodo with a high Contempt setting. I don't think he is dishonest, it just shows that Stockfish should not allow such blocking. I never hear anyone claiming to beat Komodo without a handicap, occasionally someone gets a draw with White perhaps due to book line being too drawish. If you can beat Komodo at handicaps that strong players have failed at, you have shown some skill. We know it takes roughly FM level to beat Komodo on a powerful machine in Rapid at knight odds, so that does mean something. We have no data other than your games at knight plus pawn, though. My impression is that Komodo's ability to put up a good fight drops sharply as the handicap grows, because "good" moves no longer help. By the way, was your game MCTS or standard? I'm still trying to decide which mode to use vs. Lenderman.
Komodo rules!
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

lkaufman wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:09 am

[pgn]
[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "2020.05.10"]
[Round "?"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "72"]

As far as I know, "Father" has not posted any games he won from engines, excluded time forfeits due to lag that the engine wasn't aware of. He sometimes gets draws with Stockfish because it allows for a total blocking of the position. I doubt that he would ever get a draw with Komodo with a high Contempt setting. I don't think he is dishonest, it just shows that Stockfish should not allow such blocking. I never hear anyone claiming to beat Komodo without a handicap, occasionally someone gets a draw with White perhaps due to book line being too drawish. If you can beat Komodo at handicaps that strong players have failed at, you have shown some skill. We know it takes roughly FM level to beat Komodo on a powerful machine in Rapid at knight odds, so that does mean something. We have no data other than your games at knight plus pawn, though. My impression is that Komodo's ability to put up a good fight drops sharply as the handicap grows, because "good" moves no longer help. By the way, was your game MCTS or standard? I'm still trying to decide which mode to use vs. Lenderman.
I think beating komodo on a powerful machine in Rapid at knight odds is a different skill relative to normal chess.
It may be possible that some player with rating 2200 does better in this task than another player with rating of 2400.

I am also more interested in normal chess with time control of 90+30 when komodo play in a swiss tournament and not against the same player again and again.

I also would like to encourage women to play chess so I consider to donate prizes in the future for some OTB tournament that is open for women
with 9 swiss rounds when komodo without a knight will be one of the particpants.

The question is if you are interested to participate with komodo if I organize this type of tournament in the future and donate enough money to convince at least part of the top females players in israel to participate(the highest fide rating of females in israel is slightly above 2300 today and I guess it is also not clear that 2000-2200 players are going to lose when the time control is 90+30 and not rapid time control).
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

Bxf4 29. Rfe1 Bg3 30. Re3 Qd6 31. Ba4 Rb8 0-1

Well My Friends......First Things First....I have played chess since I was around 8 or nine years old and I have literally played thousands of "Head to Head" Matches against chess machines and chess engines starting with Fidelity 8, Mephisto, Chess Constellation Saitek Kasparov, Crafty On ICC, Chessmaster (All) Lokasoft Chesspartner (Most)..Fritz 5.32 Fritz 6 Fritz 12, Fritz 13, Junior 7 Junior 10, LC0, Stockfish Etc..Chess System Tal...etc..etc...It does take a certain mindset to sit down and accept the challenge of playing an "Electronic Monster" head to head....over the board...usually I was at my peak and playing a ton of chess locally and trying to stay sharp and push the limits of my game for some major upcoming event.....it can be quite frustrating to lose game after game and that is why modern chess stars don't seem to have the appetite to take on the "ultimate challenge" You must be prepped..your game must be "ON" and any sort of mistake will likely lead to a quick and painful loss..but each time I did lose regardless of what program it was...I always learned something about myself during the game and about my weaknesses in the post game analysis...on occasion you get a excellent game and sometimes (rare) you win!!
My main issue losing games to machines was 1.board size..android is way too small except perhaps on a very large tablet (I played best with a real full sized board setup) and 2. Time Controls..time pressure and rushing moves in short time situations..I am sure that is the enjoyment that "father" gets from his wins/draws (even using time lag) He posts way too much so some of his results must be "real"...As far as GM Nakamura...I was never a great fan of his although I remember seeing him play as a young man and I actually played his father (a strong player in his own rite) (NM) at the US Open in Hawaii (Big Island)..Lots was invested in him and they (USCF) expected him to become world champ but style wise..perhaps not in the cards...The modern players FEAR the Machines..(perhaps with good reason, perhaps not) The contention stands...Knight Odds.. pawn odds...knight plus pawn.etc..."results are 100% meaningless" Sell me the moon for 20,000 dollars? Wheres The title? :) :wink:
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Chessqueen wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:46 am
Sorry for creating this new post, but the last post where I was posting all my matches was overloaded and it did not let me post my most important match Komodo 13.3 with Knight odds and b2 pawn removed. http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=73759 I finally figure out how to close the position for Komodo created a fortress and slowly exchanged my Bishop for Komodo Knight which was going to be required for Komodo to defend the King later on, well Komodo was already a Knight downs with the odds, so all that I have to figure out what to neutralize Komodo aggressiveness and that I did by closing the position took away any good spot for both bishops making them useless and little by little forced Komodo to resign those were the latest instructions by my online trainer how to neutralize any possible aggressiveness or actions specially when I am already a piece up and in this case also an extra pawn. Sorry that I have to ask for advice before the game of how to beat an engine when I am already a piece up plus a pawn. Plus it helped that I showed ,my online trainer my previous game and he looked at it and send me a few tips :roll:

Bxf4 29. Rfe1 Bg3 30. Re3 Qd6 31. Ba4 Rb8 0-1

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well My Friends......First Things First....I have played chess since I was around 8 or nine years old and I have literally played thousands of "Head to Head" Matches against chess machines and chess engines starting with Fidelity 8, Mephisto, Chess Constellation Saitek Kasparov, Crafty On ICC, Chessmaster (All) Lokasoft Chesspartner (Most)..Fritz 5.32 Fritz 6 Fritz 12, Fritz 13, Junior 7 Junior 10, LC0, Stockfish Etc..Chess System Tal...etc..etc...It does take a certain mindset to sit down and accept the challenge of playing an "Electronic Monster" head to head....over the board...usually I was at my peak and playing a ton of chess locally and trying to stay sharp and push the limits of my game for some major upcoming event.....it can be quite frustrating to lose game after game and that is why modern chess stars don't seem to have the appetite to take on the "ultimate challenge" You must be prepped..your game must be "ON" and any sort of mistake will likely lead to a quick and painful loss..but each time I did lose regardless of what program it was...I always learned something about myself during the game and about my weaknesses in the post game analysis...on occasion you get a excellent game and sometimes (rare) you win!!
My main issue losing games to machines was 1.board size..android is way too small except perhaps on a very large tablet (I played best with a real full sized board setup) and 2. Time Controls..time pressure and rushing moves in short time situations..I am sure that is the enjoyment that "father" gets from his wins/draws (even using time lag) He posts way too much so some of his results must be "real"...As far as GM Nakamura...I was never a great fan of his although I remember seeing him play as a young man and I actually played his father (a strong player in his own rite) (NM) at the US Open in Hawaii (Big Island)..Lots was invested in him and they (USCF) expected him to become world champ but style wise..perhaps not in the cards...The modern players FEAR the Machines..(perhaps with good reason, perhaps not) The contention stands...Knight Odds.. pawn odds...knight plus pawn.etc..."results are 100% meaningless" Sell me the moon for 20,000 dollars? Wheres The title? :) :wink:
[/quote]

Mr. SuperSharp77 those games are NOT Meaningless the reason for the handicap is to offset the the huge ratings difference, it would be like going to watch a UFC fight where Connor McGreGor is fighting and McGregor get out of the ring and push a fan and the fan gets angry and challenge him for a fight if he agrees to wrap or tie one of his hands and one of his leg, which is the only way that the fan unless he is a Black belt in Karate or any other Martial art can challenge him. https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sp ... e-22002952 anyway since you have play versus so many computers and you have been playing since you are 8 years old, show us what you got and play Komodo 13.3 with Knight odds. Come on put your Money where your Mouth is. You can sign up with www.zoom.us and play with video if you desire. I challenge you to play against me in play online chessbase https://play.chessbase.com/en/ 15'+15" and if you do not have an account you can accept to play against me as a guess, you will know that it is me ChessQueen because I will set up the time control to 15' +15" plus I will write a comment saying I am the ChessQueen that post in www.talkchess.com. Simply tell me went to play against you Eastern standard time. That challenge Is for you because you call my games versus Komodo at Knight plus pawn remove meaningless :roll:

PS: Sorry for not mentioning it before Mr. Larry, but I found out that Komodo plays better at using MCTS and when it played versus my friend Jorge Sammour FIDE Rated 2458 he also noticed it. https://ratings.fide.com/profile/5300363
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Uri Blass wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:31 am

[pgn]
[Event "?"]
[Site "?"]
[Date "2020.05.10"]
[Round "?"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "72"]

I think beating komodo on a powerful machine in Rapid at knight odds is a different skill relative to normal chess.
It may be possible that some player with rating 2200 does better in this task than another player with rating of 2400.

I am also more interested in normal chess with time control of 90+30 when komodo play in a swiss tournament and not against the same player again and again.

I also would like to encourage women to play chess so I consider to donate prizes in the future for some OTB tournament that is open for women
with 9 swiss rounds when komodo without a knight will be one of the particpants.

The question is if you are interested to participate with komodo if I organize this type of tournament in the future and donate enough money to convince at least part of the top females players in israel to participate(the highest fide rating of females in israel is slightly above 2300 today and I guess it is also not clear that 2000-2200 players are going to lose when the time control is 90+30 and not rapid time control).
If you organize such an event I would make my Threadripper with latest Komodo available for it to use remotely. My 2300 FIDE estimate for parity with Komodo is at 15' + 10"; at 90' + 30" I would estimate about 2150 to the the break-even level. But this is as of now; a year from now things may be different if we have a good NN version of Komodo.
Komodo rules!
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:48 am

PS: Sorry for not mentioning it before Mr. Larry, but I found out that Komodo plays better at using MCTS and when it played versus my friend Jorge Sammour FIDE Rated 2458 he also noticed it. https://ratings.fide.com/profile/5300363
My impression is that standard Komodo is better when the handicap is not too large, but perhaps MCTS is better at around knight odds or more. At knight for pawn I do very poorly vs. normal Komodo, but well with a full knight.
Komodo rules!
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

I m hoping to see the day where you ll have your nn engine better than lc0 at knight handicap or any handicap, even queen handicap :)