How to protect a chess apk not yet in play store from being fraudulently added to play store

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

How to protect a chess apk not yet in play store from being fraudulently added to play store

Post by adams161 »

I want to release a testable apk of a chess app but its not in play store, i did create the play store listing but not published it. What's to stop someone from just putting the apk i put up for download in play store under their account Is there some way to make sure its signing is registered under my play store listing eve if i dont release an app yet?
adams161
Full name: Mike Adams

Re: How to protect a chess apk not yet in play store from being fraudulently added to play store

Post by adams161 »

I did release my APK of Diamond chess on Android, a FICS and ICC chess client, at http://www.adammr.com/diamondonandroid.html

I went with putting a disclaimer of who made it and what peoples rights are at bottom of settings so it feels to me nobody can take this apk and do too much that was harmful to me or hard to fight back against. I mean i don't actually care if someone say mailed a copy to a friend, But saying not for re-distribution seems best to protect my interest of this APK i'm releasing.

I was mostly concenred with someone uploading it to play store and then i have to say hey wait that's mine and then how to prove it. This seems like an easier letter to write to Google now. AS to it showing up on sites i never tracked that. Not sure much to do as they are probably off shore.