Komodo

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Krzysztof Grzelak

Komodo

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

I have a question for programmers Komodo. Please write when you will be a new version Komodo.
lkaufman

Re: Komodo

Post by lkaufman »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 7:44 pm I have a question for programmers Komodo. Please write when you will be a new version Komodo.
Soon.
Komodo rules!
Cornfed
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by Cornfed »

Any new features you can tease or just the normal 'speed-ups' and 'adjustments'?
I am keen on getting 14...sure hope MCTS is even more refined for analysis. :-)
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Cornfed wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:56 am Any new features you can tease or just the normal 'speed-ups' and 'adjustments'?
It will have one major new feature, but I'm not quite ready to announce it. Both standard and MCTS modes are stronger, with MCTS mode showing the larger improvement.
Komodo rules!
daniel71

Post by daniel71 »

Put me down for Komodo 14, I have not back been in chess since the divorce but I'm planning for this next purchase.
Cornfed
Full name: Brian D. Smith

Post by Cornfed »

lkaufman wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:07 am
Cornfed wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 1:56 am Any new features you can tease or just the normal 'speed-ups' and 'adjustments'?
It will have one major new feature, but I'm not quite ready to announce it. Both standard and MCTS modes are stronger, with MCTS mode showing the larger improvement.
As to the tease...will I need to get a high end graphics card? :?
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Cornfed wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 11:45 pm
lkaufman wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:07 am
No, that would be more than a "feature". But I do expect we'll have a NN Komodo version this year. Whether it will need a high end GPU I don't yet know.
Komodo rules!
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

Any new features you can tease or just the normal 'speed-ups' and 'adjustments'?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, that would be more than a "feature". But I do expect we'll have a NN Komodo version this year. Whether it will need a high end GPU I don't yet know.
[/quote]

Was that the last odds match game between GM Nakamura Vs Komodo ??.?, If that is the case the newer version of Komodo could possibly give Nakamura the same odds at twice the time control used back then where Nakamura can have more time to think, and still give Nakamura a hard time.
Do NOT worry and be happy, we all live a short life :roll:
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 4:51 am Any new features you can tease or just the normal 'speed-ups' and 'adjustments'?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that the last odds match game between GM Nakamura Vs Komodo ??.?, If that is the case the newer version of Komodo could possibly give Nakamura the same odds at twice the time control used back then where Nakamura can have more time to think, and still give Nakamura a hard time.
[/quote]

That was our first match with him. The second was about two years later, at a much faster time control but at larger handicaps (all games drawn). We have only used KomodoNN in one match, the last one vs. FM Gilden, but that was an experimental version not ready for release. It was pretty good, on a par with normal Komodo, but unless it is better than normal Komodo it isn't marketable if it requires a good GPU.
Komodo rules!