Booot 6.4 release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

Re: Booot 6.4 release

Post by MikeB »

booot wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:15 pm Good day all!

Here is the new version of my engine
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyyk3pcpqn01e ... e.rar?dl=0

As usually : sources and Win32 Win64 executables are provided. Still try to make linux version.

Finally small uci bug fixed (Thanks to Roland Chastain)!

Best regards,
Alex Morozov
Does anyone else identify this download as containing a trojavn virus

sarona
Full name: Ron Doughie

Post by sarona »

I scanned the 32 bit executable on two different computers using Kaspersky on one and BitDefender on the other. Both came back clean.

Also checked it with VirusTotal.
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/a9e ... /detection
tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Post by tmokonen »

I had the same warning with Windows Defender. It also thinks the 32 bit compile of Monolith 2 has the same virus. Defender has also been picky with some 32 bit compiles of Stockfish from the abrok.eu web site.

VirusTotal results for Monolith 2 x32:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/3ee ... /detection

I am thinking these are false alarms. Both are open source, so one can make their own executable if they feel uncomfortable with the executables provided.
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.
Roland Chastain
Full name: Roland Chastain

Post by Roland Chastain »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:59 pm Roland Chastain have you even tested Booot 3.4.
Sorry, I didn't see your message before. Yes, I tested it (with CuteChess Cli), and didn't have any problem.

I used booot6.exe. I will do another test with booot6_popcnt.exe.
Qui trop embrasse mal étreint.
Alayan
Full name: Alayan Feh

Post by Alayan »

booot wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:23 am Some words about Linux version: this task seems much more difficult then i expected. The good news are: the new version of Delphi IDE already has compiler for Linux, MacOs (and even Android and Ios) platforms. The bad news: Booot has lots of Windows-specific code (WinApi calls for multithread and console input-output routines). I have to rewrite this code completely. The main problem: i am not a programmer yet and chessprogramming is my only hobby in this area (this is why 'Pascal' - the only language i studied 25 years ago in University). I really confused how it works in Linux and need some community help to make platform-independed product. This quarantine is only good for hobby and I already have new beta version of my engine (seems also already about 30-50 Elo stronger then just released) and it should be good if this new booot 6.5 version would have some non-windows binaries.
Hello, are there some news on this ? That is, progress on removing windows-specific code to allow for Linux compiles, and progress on new search/eval enhancements.

Did you get some help ? Most here aren't familiar with Delphi, especially as it's a commercial IDE we don't have, but certainly some general knowledge on SMP programming could still help clear some hurdles.