CyberNezh BOT now at lichess.org

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ovyron

Re: CyberNezh BOT now at lichess.org

Post by Ovyron »

carldaman wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 8:23 pm Yes, other engines may find moves like Bh6 easily, but the more relevant question is 'can other engines reach those positions in the first place'?
Yes, I've always wished for a tool that helps answering this question, and questions related to how many engines aim for such positions and maximize the stylish moves they play. Unfortunately most of the focus has been on elo and nothing like this has been explored. And I'm stuck using old versions of engines because the new ones sacrificed their style for strength, even though Stockfish is already the strong one so more strong engines is the least we need...

My problem with Nezh is its private nature, I can't really go and ask what it'd play in some position, that's a killer for me.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Well, the next best think is its availability on lichess. That was done by me and was my idea, so now anyone can face off against the attacking genius of Nezh, for free.

I haven't investigated, but lichess may be allowing play to begin from certain loaded positions, and one can type '!eval' to get the Bot's evaluation of a position - something to look into, perhaps.
perrypawnpusher
Full name: Richard F Kennedy

Post by perrypawnpusher »

I would love to see an "experiment" - give Nezh BOT enough "book" to play the "Jerome Gambit", 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+, and see what its sacrificial / tactical senses could do with that. Against another computer rated within 500 rating points, it might struggle to win, but it should destroy humans, left and right, despite playing a "refuted" opening.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

perrypawnpusher wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 pm I would love to see an "experiment" - give Nezh BOT enough "book" to play the "Jerome Gambit", 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Bxf7+, and see what its sacrificial / tactical senses could do with that. Against another computer rated within 500 rating points, it might struggle to win, but it should destroy humans, left and right, despite playing a "refuted" opening.

Nezh prefers 4.b4 (the Evans Gambit) or 4.c3. Even Nezh considers the Jerome Gambit a little too unsound. However, I can add it to its short book, so it can play it occasionally, as a surprise weapon. :mrgreen: