Can YOU compile Rodent IV engine?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

PeterO

Can YOU compile Rodent IV engine?

Post by PeterO »

Hi Chessfriends,

Rodent IV is a GREAT engine for self playing. It has UCI-LIMIT-strengh - to set the Elo-Strengh :D AND different personalities to choose - like CHESSMASTER :D :D :D . AND you can create different chess personalities for yourself :shock: :shock: (cracy attacker ...). Fun fun fun fun

Can YOU pleaaaaaaaase compile it for android? :?:

Thank you

Peter :lol:
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: Can YOU compile Rodent IV engine?

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Peter,

same for Wasp on DGT Pi (you can adjust Level in Elo, beginning with around 1.500 Elo).
And again same as Wasp engine ... Rodent is very aggressiv and strong in king attacks, strong with many pieces on board with very interesting strategic ideas.

I have since months a lot of fun with Wasp ... AND ... Rodent under DGT Pi.
Perfect for self playing for all players in the World because Wasp (2975 Elo) and Rodent (2900 Elo) are stronger as the best human players. Rodent and Wasp plays with human style. The next great point of view.

In my opinion at the moment the most interesting engines for self playing with all the possible settings both give us.

Rodent can run under DGT Pi too.

Best
Frank
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

There was an Android version posted. See: http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... IV#p824970
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by PeterO »

Hi Ted,

yes but this compilation does NOT work - it doesnt support the personalities :(

So I hope somebody will compile Rodent IV for Android!!

Peter :D
PeterO

Post by PeterO »

Hi Frank,

Yes - Wasp is a great engine too - but does not support different personalities.
I dont have the DGT Pi - I use the Millenium Board and Aart Biks great app - „Chess for Android“ - for this reason I hope someone will make an android version!!

Peter
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Peter,

John is thinking about Android support after all I know.
Also about personalities.
You can set a lot of settings with Wasp current version 3.75.

Rodent is her perfect for me (personalities).

I will asked John Stanback with the next contacts to him for Android support and personalities.

And DGT with Pi combination:
Perfect for self playing ... displaying the information is a bit cryptical and the clock and board is not perfect.
Board size is perfect and for this reason I like DGT board for self playing.

Better is all in one, like the new Millennium TheKing Performance, board size is not perfect.

TheKing is playing with 2.350 - 2.400 Elo (100% strength) and strong enough for the most of us, can play also very nice computer chess.

Here my results with 40 moves in 40 minutes:
The King performance with 20% = around 2.225 Elo vs. Wasp on DGT Pi with 2.225 (2.625 max. possible with 1.2 Ghz DGT Pi).
At the moment: 8.5 : 7.5 for TheKing Performance.

2.225 Elo is super for me for looking and understandings ... I made here 30% vs. Wasp with 1 minute per game.
So the Level I understand perfect ...

Best for you and ...
Have fun with Rodent, really a great engine and for the moment my absolutley Number 2 (Wasp is on 1, sorry but Rodent on 2). Spark and Hakkapilitta follow and of course Komodo and Stockfish for analyses.

:-)

Best
Frank
PeterO

Post by PeterO »

Hi Frank,

Yes please ask him for Android + personality support!!
Wasp + Rodent IV for android would be a dream to play on a wooden board!

Peter
LocutusOfPenguin
Full name: Jürgen Précour

Post by LocutusOfPenguin »

Hi Frank,

for wasp i miss (at least) source code. But i know youre a big fan of it.

For Rodent i miss (at least) "searchmoves" support.

For Hakkapilitta i miss new code since 5years, ha!
We had this engine on picochess in past, but i removed it cause of this reason.
So, i would like to know, why Hakkapilitta is no 4 for you.

Actually, i was trying to get the top 8 engines reordered (fan of vajolet), but no level support let me forget this plan.
Probl. Hakkapilitta has still some problems in full support of uci protocol (havent checked) - even rodent has this issue.

Jürgen
Create a dedicated chess computer based on tiny ARM computers with the DGT e-board on picochess.com
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Jürgen,

yes, many years I like it if programmer released engines with open sources.
Things have changed!

Or we need Wasp spray in the future.
Thinking on the fishes ... multiplay like the pest.

John Stanback gave a big help with GnuChess in the past, so John do here enough for computer chess in my humble opinion. Never I speak with him about free sources. I don't know his opinion about it. Programmers should hold the last own ideas secret, loud thinking. Enough free sources are available today.

Vajolet is a hart nut with a Karpow like style. A permanent feature for Wasp test-runs. The ideas to added Vajolet is absoluty right. Sound is good for a TOP-8 DGT-Pi setup file.

Sure that the Rodent programmer will give helps for DGT Pi support. I hope the programmer will read the thread and have time for it!

A pity with Hakkapelitta and Spark by Allard Siemelink. Fizbo is a great attacker but have not an optimal UCI support. ET Chess was a great attacker (Winboard) or Aristarch. I like AnMon a lot and many years I am playing with the DGT Clock XL and Arena vs. AnMon on DGT board. I had here also a lot of fun with AnMon.

Thanks for your message!

Best
Frank
PeterO

Post by PeterO »

Can YOU compile Rodent IV for Android? :D